• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any
    a ghost in the darkness.
    Taiga has barely been his for a few hours but already they come. News travels fast, faster when given a little push. He doesn’t doubt that his beautiful mad bluebird was singing of his victory through every wood, meadow, and mountaintop. He wants them to come, wants the darkness to leave their alleyways and ghettos where they have been hiding. Find me, the hidden message in the victory call. Join me.

The cool swirling fog dampens and teases his backside. The little heat that found it’s way here had long faded with the change of season. The Taiga wraith was in his element… Cold, dark, dank. Much more comfortable this than the sweltering humidity of Tephra. How could anyone stand it? Funny that he thinks of the volcanic lands when one of their subjects comes waltzing into the forest, sending out a loud call that echoes through the massive redwoods. Annoyance flickers across his face, already disrespected. The irony of the situation apparent to him.

Slowly he drifts along with the fog, following it’s curvatures towards that of the lone black stallion. Brave or stupid? He isn’t sure. Glowing red eyes alert Dahmer that he has come long before his scarred body breaks through the thickness. ”It’s widely known Offspring doesn’t tolerate foreigners disrespecting his borders. You’ll find I’m much the same way.” He growls softly but does nothing more. It’s a warning, let this stranger spread the word. The next time it happened, there would be no excuses.

Tephra residents seem to carry the lingering stinging odor of smoke, tell tale signs of smudged soot on their backs or ash trapped in tangled manes. His hooves barely crunch against the fallen pine needles beneath him as he halts before the male. While serving underneath old rulers, he had never felt the need to watch his tongue, that’s what they were for after all. Yet now he held the reins, things are different. How many days had passed with him simply observing them, the way they ruled. Straia's passive calculations. Kennedy's over emotional tirades. What gained the most pleasing outcome, what failed. His watching had been for a purpose, one he uses now. ”I’m Gryffen, the new ruler of Taiga. I’m assuming you’re here on business and not pleasure?”

Gryffen

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Dahmer - 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Gryffen - 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Dahmer - 08-19-2017, 04:22 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Gryffen - 08-22-2017, 11:46 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Dahmer - 08-25-2017, 08:14 AM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any - by Gryffen - 08-30-2017, 11:33 AM