• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  antlers and horns and scales
    Don't be afraid when the night wolves cry,
    feast on their bones, suck the marrow dry.
    Fascination gives way to curiosity, which in turn gives way to obsession. Longclaw, eyes tracing the movement of her lips, the rise and steady fall of her proud breast, feels himself nearing something of an obsession with this girl. The two, cleaved from the grasps of their respective parents, continue to placidly admire, shift, and inspect the many facets of their young life to compare differences; but the more she opens up, the more Longclaw seems to find in common with her. At last, struck motionless by the heightened intensity of her bright stare, he can only chew thoughtfully and focus on the main points of her conversation for answer.

He’d been distracted, clearly. “Funny? I find it terribly disappointing in not having met you earlier.” He states firstly, “To be fair though, I wasn’t there to make friends - .” The stallion cuts himself short, neck stiffening as his head rises. One blue ear tips aside (his eyes following quickly enough) to scan the rough waves of meadow grass. All, apparently, seems well. Overhead a lone bird titters, gathers among a cloud of its kind, and begins its journey south for the oncoming winter. Ajatar’s soft question goes unanswered. “Well,” He inhales, relaxing once more before returning to his previous occupation: admiring her, “Nerine is everything exhilarating all in one glance. The black cliffs, the pounding sea, the wild wind that sometimes wails throughout the night and rips leaf and limb from tree.”

“And Tephra,” He exhales, finding it hard to stop a natural grin from warping his lips at the memory of Warrick and his first night there, “feels like the place I was meant to be.” Longclaw surmises. His hunger satiated, clarity returns and with it, the knowledge that she was free to do as she liked. No one had come looking for her, she clearly wasn’t searching for anyone in return - Longclaw had greedily taken her time and felt none the worse for it. Only eager for more. “My mother still inhabits Nerine, you’d be welcomed if you mentioned my name.”

There, a token for your patience. His grin slackens into a black, hard line. “I won’t go back there while my father still lives, or I’d offer to take you.” What had once been so pleasing about the young male, so light and attractive, was now repulsively apoplectic. As quickly as the storm blows in, it’s spent, and his face settles again on a more or less monotonous appearance. “Or maybe I should snatch you up - take you to Tephra where I can pepper you with endless questions.” He chuckles dryly.

“I’m afraid my earlier absorption with you has only doubled, and I find you guilty of nothing less than being the most curious creature of all.”
    Longclaw

ooc: It's okay, I punished you with reading a novel (of my own writing ... :O )
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-15-2017, 06:00 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-17-2017, 01:43 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-23-2017, 09:09 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-24-2017, 09:18 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-25-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-28-2017, 11:30 AM