• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    When he speaks, his voice has deepened. He is becoming less of a boy and more of a stallion. It piques her interest, truthfully, as it would mean his reign would end in the next couple of years. Age is a factor in Hyaline after all, she remembers as she looks at him after finally breaking her longing stare with the ocean. He addresses her somewhat more formally, cementing his part as a wiser individual and not a frantic, confused child. A great deal of her applauds him for this, but there is also a flicker of uncertainty when she notes the subtle tones of his voice and the firmness in the gaze he meets her with.

Her ears thirstily drink his words, her mind tasting and weighing them with a brewing distaste, but she conceals it behind a stoic expression that finds itself looking back at the expansive ocean in front of them. Nayl listens closely. She is taking it all into consideration even as her heart leaps in her chest and her thoughts reel faster than she can stop them.

Their arrangement, he begins, and she immediately knows how this conversation – this idea – has been pressing on his shoulders lately. This isn’t an impulsive decision, but one that he has been tasting for weeks, at the minimum.

Although her answers are groping at the tip of her tongue, she allows him to entirely finish and to let a silence steady the both of them before she finally speaks with a voice hollowed of great emotion and sympathy. ”I removed Brennen even from our ranks. I’ve not seen hide nor hair of him. In his absence, Hyaline was attacked; that was the conclusion of his place in your home.” But Amet kept the stallion ranked in order to maintain the tie with Nerine; however, Nayl has been wanting to replace him, but no one came to mind.

But now she hones in on Amet’s request and there is a coldness in the way that she answers, ”No.” She expects him to be surprised, to look at her with confusion and disdain. Nayl doesn’t continue, not immediately, as she pieces together all that needs to be said. She feels more like a mother now than she ever has before. It hits a moment of discomfort deep within her, but still she maintains a rather stony expression. ”Your kingdom – your home – is one for children. You yourself will soon have to find elsewhere to live because you will exceed your own rule of age limitations. A land of children requires protection – a mother, of sorts – and that is exactly what Nerine has offered to you. I gave you an adult and although he quickly fell absent – a factor not in my power – I was still willing to let him leave Nerine for you.” It was with her graciousness that Hyaline had been forged, no? And of course, Amet and his terrible sibling.

Her body shifts and she looks at him with slight disappointment. ”Allies help each other in times of war, tragedy, and chaos. I truly cannot see how children could offer aid in such situations. Hyaline was built as a sanctuary for foals to learn and grow. I fail to see how and why it would need independence from Nerine when it was Djinni and I that fled to Hyaline after the destruction and when I have been nothing but supportive. You have even said that Hyaline’s ties with Nerine may have warded off further damage and raids. So, please, enlighten me as to why you have come to the conclusion that you think this is the best route to take for Hyaline?”

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

well, uhhh, she wasn't thrilled lmao snippy Nayl

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 08-15-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 08-20-2017, 03:05 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 08-22-2017, 09:13 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 09-04-2017, 01:48 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM