• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Nayl listens, but she is also losing herself in the whirl of her own aggravation. There is no sense in concealing her disdain; it is painted on her face and freezes the words that fall past her lips. Despite the fire that has always engulfed her soul, she is suddenly frigid toward the boy as the situation slips through her fingers like sand. He is firm in the way that he addresses her – a child in her eyes still – and even this sends needles deep into her flesh, irritating her further.

She breathes.

She looks at the ocean.

She glances toward the caverns in hopes of Lior to calm her or Isobell or, somehow, even Castile.

Along her body, her muscles contract before she levels her eyes on Amet again, focusing more on one sole statement: Castile, for a time. A brow lifts. ”Where is my son, Amet? He was to live with you.” For a fleeting moment almost nothing else seemed to matter except for the safety of her own child. Beneath them the sand nearly comes to life as her rage spider webs from her hooves into the earth, but she stops herself. ”Do you see many children around, Amet, because I don’t. Am I to send non-existent children? You were to have my first-born – my only son – but something has seemingly happened to him that I’m only just now hearing about. My daughter? She is being raised to one day follow in my footsteps. You had Djinni’s firstborn also with you, or have you lost track of Ivar, too? Other than that, I see children once before they fade into the abyss.” Within her ribcage her heart is wildly hammering.

Her thoughts are racing, but she is no longer wanting to fight him on this. It’s futile and mistrust is leaking into her quickly enough. ”Ah, so you’ve gone against the terms we agreed upon when I offered assistance in helping you establish Hyaline, I’ve never demanded children from your ranks to fuel Nerine and yet you let other kingdoms carry this belief, you’ve seemingly lost my son – and for all I know you could have traded him – and placed that blame on me, and you are seeming quite ungrateful for what I – and Djinni – have done.” She had always extended a hand to him when he needed it. She provided protection beneath the name of Nerine and she entrusted with him her own child since the number of their kingdom’s offspring was minimal. Djinni even encouraged Ivar at one point to be in Hyaline. When he begged for her help as the fires blazed across Hyaline, she did not hesitate. ”I don’t think I could trust a traitor that goes back on his word,” she scoffs and rolls her shoulders in an easy enough shrug.

”You said Nerine’s name protected Hyaline from harm, but then contradicted yourself to say that Nerine has hindered any political relations. You’re losing a very strong weapon, Amet. Best of luck.” A double-edged smile slips across her lips as she meets his eyes, the coastal wind lifting her forelock aside to reveal her piercing stare. It holds steadily for one, two, three heartbeats before she turns her body to face the ocean. She does not walk away. This is her home.

With nothing more to add, a silence encases the iron-fisted Queen, letting the boy decide when to take his leave.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

feel free to have him still push her for conversation unless you want it to end there Smile

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 08-15-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 08-20-2017, 03:05 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 08-22-2017, 09:13 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Amet - 09-04-2017, 01:48 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? nayl - by Nayl - 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM