• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The beginning of The End [DIORAE]

-Diorae-

She is cornered. Yes, physically she could’ve run and probably gotten away with it too, but she can’t. Too long she had been alone, too long the darkness had held her in its claws, too long her each and every move had been watched. Diorae is exhausted, mentally and physically. It’s obvious she needs something, someone. And thus she cannot run.

”Hey now, easy, easy..”

Her head dips towards the ground, just barely above the water, the river still in between them. Both frontlegs are still numbed by the cold water, where the pain of cramped muscles slowly fades on her hindlegs. The burning pain returning for every bit the muscle cramps fade. The golden mare is shivering, dancing a little in her place as she waves a bit from the left to the right. His voice, his smile, it eases her a little, bringing her to a stop. Muscles still tense, but no longer moving.

”I won’t come any closer, I promise.”

She keeps watching him, ears flicking back and forth and nostrils a bit wide as she’s snorting. His promise helps her relax some further, somehow believing him. A little voice in her head tells her she probably shouldn’t, but a living being, another horse, couldn’t be a worse option than the darkness and the watching eyes?

”I’ll just go.”

NO! He couldn’t go. Her head jerks up and before she knows it, Diorae has taken a few steps into the river. Her hazel eyes are wide and nostrils flare as she shorts. Her golden ears flick back and forth and the tension holds her in its grasp again. Her eyes tear up and her head lowers again, submissive, pleading him to not leave.

”I just couldn’t help myself. You’re so.. beautiful.”

She shudders. Nobody had ever told her that. And he seemed genuine, nothing forced for easily spoken. He had even hesitated. Though very sweet, the words have her frozen in the middle of the river. She can only watch him, ears flicking and nervousness rising, as if the idea of being left alone was the most horrific thing in the world. Well, to Diorae it was.

”Dumb, I know. I’ll just go.”

He continues to turn around and walks away from her. Each pained step, the haunch of his shoulders and the glance he sends her, it all added to the pain that rose within her with each step the handsome stranger took. If she only could call out to him, ask him to come back. She cannot. She watches him walk away, a few hesitant steps taking her towards the other riverbank where he had been standing.

Don’t go.

Further and further he walks away again. Each step he takes, the more restless she becomes. Not only dealing with the fact that she was alone again, didn’t want to be alone and actually had to admit that she felt safer in his presence. The feeling of being watched creeps upon her too. She snorts, nervous, glancing across her shoulder and then dances to the riverbank, sharply turning around to look in the direction of where her back had been turned to just moments ago. Nothing. Like always there is nothing.

Except for the retreating hoof steps behind her.

Her ears swirl around, and another loud snort is pulled from her as she hears something in front of her again. Just, this time, Diorae doesn’t wait to see what she had heard. Throwing her weight on both her hindlegs – ignoring the pain she feels from that simply motion – she turns herself around, dashing after the blue roan stallion.

Wait for me!

The feeling of being watched gets less the closer she nears him. But her panic doesn’t cease, nostrils still flaring and eyes wide as her ears are pinned back against her skull. Only when she’s a few meters away she slides to a halt, then falling in step with him. She doesn’t calm down, not much, making sure to not near him too much, head dipped as she follows his lead. Silently begging he won’t chase her off.

A beautiful face is a mute recommendation.

OOC: Guess I haven't written enough lately XD.

Messages In This Thread
    The beginning of The End [DIORAE] - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM
    RE: The beginning of The End [DIORAE] - by Diorae - 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM
    RE: The beginning of The End [DIORAE] - by Diorae - 08-21-2017, 04:37 PM
    RE: The beginning of The End [DIORAE] - by Diorae - 09-01-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: The beginning of The End [DIORAE] - by Diorae - 09-20-2017, 01:13 PM