• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    LEVI
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><style> .longclawcontainer {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/tFlQITy.png'); width: 550px; height: 310px;transition: .3s;transition-timing-function: linear;} .longclawcontainer:hover {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/QEhJdNL.png');} .longclawbackground {background-color: #0b191e; background-image:url('0b191e'); width: 550px; border: 1px solid black; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;} #longclawmessage {width: 450px; padding: 20px; border-left: #539aa6 2px solid; border-right: #539aa6 2px solid; margin-bottom: 20px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12pt; font-size: 12px;margin-bottom: 20px; color: #3588a5;opacity: .7;} #longclawquote {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 12px; color: #539aa6; line-height: 11pt; text-shadow: -1px 1px 10px #000, 1px 1px 5px #000;transition: 2s;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;} #longclawquote:hover {color: #d4e9f0;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000, 1px 1px 1px #000, 0 0 15px #d6eaf1;} #longclawname {margin-bottom: 5px; font-family: 'Cinzel'; font-size: 30pt; color: #539aa6; text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000, 1px 1px #000; line-height: 15pt; margin-top: 20px;margin-bottom: 10px;transition: 2s;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;} #longclawname:hover {color: #d4e9f0;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000, 1px 1px 1px #000, 0 0 15px #d6eaf1;} </style><div class="longclawbackground"><div class="longclawcontainer"></div><div id="longclawquote">Don't be afraid when the night wolves cry,<br>feast on their bones, suck the marrow dry.</div><div id="longclawmessage"><i>Clever</i>. The shifter thinks as he continues onward, eyes watching the formation of the shield and its effectiveness at keeping his projectiles at bay. A glance down again and Levi has finally moved ahead, spurred by necessity and moving much quicker than Longclaw had expected - the bulk of his opponents mass was deceptive in its appearance. He has only the option to grind, twist his right hind foot into the rock-hard earth before using that motion to propel himself into the larger stallion. Ram-like in the clash of bodies, Longclaw too tucks chin-to-neck and lifts both forehooves free from the earth (he’s forced, from the size difference, to exert more energy into the lunge) so that he might feign a battering attack.

But he’s not so stupid. Levi is king of width; his shape takes up double, triple the amount of space Longclaw’s own body would and, if the two were to fight like true animals in so small a space, Claw would certainly find himself quickly subdued. The seconds flash by in the moment of that promised meeting and all at once, everything happens.

<i>One:</i> Levi’s neck snakes out, teeth bared to agitate (no doubt) that section of burnt neck Longclaw sports, but <i>Two</i>: Longclaw, with anticipation of the mighty encounter from forcing Levi closer, has shifted bodies and fallen beneath that outstretched jugular; wound up dropping to the earth where the sound of teeth clicking together overhead becomes hauntingly loud to cover the silence of his extinguished flame. The globes, the wall - they’re gone, replaced by fur and fang that bunches on silver-grey hindquarters to leap right and clear of those well-collected, trunk legs, but <i>Three</i>: Levi’s sturdy, crafted dome has shattered and with its destruction comes slivers of flame that find purchase in his coat.

The pain is smarting, the fire growing, and Longclaw is now parallel with the behemoth. He can see the left side of Levi’s hip (that glossy area of skin that  dips so stupendously into shadow before rounding out again into hindquarters) as he violently shakes his fur, while he trades shapes once more with a fluidity that only necessity can manage - and it <i>is</i> necessary for him to be horse again so that he might snap his hind legs out from beneath him, (which he does) to crack the air and <i>hopefully</i> make contact with Levi’s left fore, shoulder, or girth.

The rain made of Levi’s fire has extinguished, leaving behind a smattering of pink, puckering skin along Longclaw’s topline that cracks and bleeds as he pulls his legs beneath himself again to cast off into a collected canter. His own gift of fire is close to useless, so exhausted as it is; a glance backwards over his shoulder gives him reason to believe he might be able outdistance the giant in a chase (that left hind doesn’t look so pretty anymore.) Thoughts for a final maneuver, should he get one, though for the present Longclaw only turns his head forward and continues to push past his own pain, out into the once more expanded arena, <i>away</i> from his fellow Tephran.</div><center><div id="longclawname">Longclaw</div></center></div></center>
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    LEVI - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 03:14 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Levi - 08-17-2017, 05:17 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Levi - 08-19-2017, 09:25 AM
    RE: LEVI - by Longclaw - 08-21-2017, 08:48 AM
    RE: LEVI - by Levi - 08-24-2017, 01:00 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Longclaw - 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Levi - 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Longclaw - 09-25-2017, 02:39 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Kyra - 11-02-2017, 12:37 PM
    RE: LEVI - by Lavender - 11-02-2017, 04:55 PM