• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any]
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    I know I tried, but I was not stable...

There is a tense heartbeat or two where Circinae's doubt begins to creep up on the pair, to stalk them like the beast who pursued Jah-Lilah in her nightmare, the beast who helped her gain her newfound talents. The red mare's chest swells with pride when the girl grunts and snuffs him out, planting her hooves and pulling yet another trick out of her bag. Circy's body shrinks, twists, contorts into the lupine shape she wears so comfortably. As soon as her paws hit the beach she's off, bouncing down the water's edge. Jah-Lilah adopts an extended trot behind her now-furry friend, hoof prints following paw prints, leaving a trail for the birds behind them. The wolf quickens her pace, and Jah lopes along behind to keep up. She can tell by how that wet, black nose is tilted upward that something is going on, Circinae's bound to find a trace of him.

The air around them is jumping with little dashes of energy as my electric eel halts to reconvene with her newly acquired partner in crime. Jah-Lilah's extra internal energy is manifesting as literal energy all around them, jumping and dancing in wide arcs. She looks around confidently as Wolf-of-the-Water suggests splitting up, nodding her head in agreement. "Perhaps. Anything for us to scout more land and find your consort." She can't help but smile as her friend describes her mate, her voice becomes dreamy and forlorn all at once. She reaches down and bumps the little brown smudge. "I've seen him around, and your boys look just like him. Words don't do him justice, friend, I know." She laughs along with her, then returns to scanning the horizon to look for leads.

Their brief moment of light heartedness is cut short by a strong breeze that caresses Wolf's fur and dances with Jah's feathers. A faint scent drifts into her nose, and it must be the right one, because the next thing Jah-Lilah knows Circinae is bolting down the beach in a frenzy. My little firefly whinnies and launches herself forward, sand stinging the underside of her belly as she digs in to catch the lobo in front of her. She whinnies again, attempting to mimic the sound of Circinae's voice, but unable to. The desperation in her tone is heart-wrenching, and it tears at Jah-Lilah as it reverberates in her ear drums. 

Suddenly there is a sound of hoof beats, but not the echo of her own. He bursts through the tall grass, answering Wolf-of-the-Water's cry and instantly Jah knows who he is. The tawny male is everything Circinae described him as, and more than Jah-Lilah remembered him being. She'd never seen him up close, she'd never seen him this expressive. His wings are gorgeous, even pressed tightly to his sides, and taut muscles ripple beneath his skin. His midnight mane is tousled and dreaded like her own, cascading down his neck like a waterfall. Jah-Lilah knew exactly whose father he was, my Goddess he could have been nearly triplets with his sons. If only he knew how much they mimicked him, even in his long unplanned absence. He bounds to her little mousy companion and is muzzle-deep in her fur, and my red mare melts. She can sense the bond between the two immediately, and is suddenly hit with an unfamiliar and uncomfortable pang in her chest. She pulls up, sliding in the damp sand. She hangs back, not wanting to impose or intrude on their deeply personal moment. As she watches them reunite, she is draped in a sense of privilege at being allowed to witness such a pure demonstration of love. It warms her instantly, and she begins to emit a soft glow of electricity. She shuffles her hooves and looks away as he inquires about her, abruptly sensing that she's infringing on their privacy.

...Flawed by pride, I miss my sanguine eyes.

@[Circinae] @[Canaan]

Messages In This Thread
    With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any] - by Circinae - 08-18-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any] - by Jah-Lilah - 08-22-2017, 11:08 AM