• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Ashes to ashes... - see within.
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

To the hairless woman, this new world must be almost entirely unrecognizable. So much had changed in the years since her death. To attempt to catch up on such history would be a daunting task for nearly anyone. Even Heartfire would struggle to do so, though she certainly could. Indeed, she might even be able to make it a bit easier for her grandmother to apprise herself of the events of the Reckoning.

Assuming she wished to, of course.

Heartfire is fully aware of the events that had lead to Scorch’s death. She even knows what had happened to her children. Perhaps she had never met them in person, but it would a mistake to believe her ignorant. Or uncaring, despite the touch of ice in her demeanor and the unreadable blue gaze. Her immediate family might be her first concern, but she has enough care for her extended family to ensure they are well. She might choose not to interfere, but that does not mean she is ignorant.

A fact so many seem to so easily forget.

Tilting her head slightly, a faint smile touches her lips at the rather irreverent question. Whatever the woman might say, she knows she had a care for her children. “Shahrizai,” she says simply before her smile broadens slightly, a hint of humor flitting across her features. “I’d advise you brace yourself however. It seems my parents are determined to outdo even you in the offspring department.”

Her blue gaze flicks briefly to Tantalize, considering the woman’s admission before turning back to her grandmother. She remains silent for a long moment before adding, “Your children are well enough. All of them.” Alive at the very least, though she is uncertain if that would put the woman’s heart at ease.

Tantalize, in her blunt way, reveals the fall of the Amazons (though Heartfire cannot fault her. She likely would have been equally blunt). She doesn’t respond immediately, instead fixing her bright gaze upon Scorch in quiet consideration. She could just imagine how the woman might respond to the news, but whatever the case, it should prove interesting. After a lengthy pause however, Heartfire adds softly, “I can show you. It might be a quicker way to catch up on what has happened.” A corner of her lips quirk slightly, a wry expression, before she adds. “That is, if you don’t mind seeing such an unpleasant business first hand.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    Ashes to ashes... - see within. - by Scorch - 08-24-2017, 11:50 PM
    RE: Ashes to ashes... - see within. - by Scorch - 08-25-2017, 10:40 PM
    RE: Ashes to ashes... - see within. - by Heartfire - 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: Ashes to ashes... - see within. - by Scorch - 09-03-2017, 02:42 AM