• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take my hand, take my everything; any
    Sylva is a wonder.
    She cannot help but marvel at the myriad of colors all around her.  The rest of the world is like this once a year, she supposes, but fall is perpetual here.  They can always gaze upon the kaleidoscope of milky yellows and pale greens and russet reds of the trees.  They can dance in the rainbows that fall down around them, never the same mixture of colors.  Tephra is nothing like this, not even once a year.  The foliage is too saccharinely lush, too choking and full.  Much like the ash that crowds nostrils and lungs alike, making breathing clean air a chore.  It is always the same back home (or what used to be home, now she isn’t sure).  She finds Sylva almost exotic in its differences.

Her red coat is still damp from her brief swim to cross the water between the lands.  The weak light that filters down through the trees does little to warm or dry her, but she is much too excited to worry about comfort.  There is so much else to worry about, to make sure she notices and learns about!  This forest is more like those of her father’s teachings.  Weir was familiar with the deciduous trees and their names and he could list the fauna with even more accuracy.  Radiant sees a robin flutter from one branch to another, its splash of orange chest vibrant even amongst the bright leaves.  “Turdus migratorius,” she meets its cheerful chirp with her own sing-song voice before continuing on.

A part of her hopes to see the intriguing young man from the meadow (and from the playground, when he was just a boy who helped save a butterfly).  When they met again, it felt like he had snatched the same butterfly from the air and put it in her belly, only with his words.  It was the oddest feeling.  But the red girl is rational enough to realize her response is likely from a lack of familiarity with boys outside of her family rather than anything more.  She would have reacted the same way with absolutely anyone, not just the boy who became rather charming as he grew up.  Wouldn’t she have?

ooc: html to come! (it's all broken currently..)

Messages In This Thread
    take my hand, take my everything; any - by Radiant - 08-25-2017, 11:38 PM