• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Need Information
    Aten did not need to wait long to speak to the emerald green mare; within minutes of his arrival at the coastal den she'd claimed as hers, Circinae emerged from its dark cover, taking on the form of her brown-furred wolf self. For a moment, he became uneasy, but remembered that the mare was still herself underneath the fur and ivory teeth predators were known for. So, when she came from the cave, wagging her tail and already beginning to shift to her normal self.

Aten patiently waited for her to finish, watching with calm eyes as the wolf's brown fur slowly faded away, lightening several shades from the earth's color to the beautiful emerald green she was so well known for. The fur on her neck and tail grew longer until they were flowing locks of dark navy blue, her paws expanding in size until they were hooves of rock hard bone. When her shifting was finished, her attention seemed to be focused on the golden stallion, her ears pricked forward as she picked up on Aten's uneasiness regarding the situation.

Circinae gently told him to calm his breathing so that he could speak clearly, which Aten tried to do. His nostrils continued to flare as his lungs expanded and deflated, his chest heaving with the effort to catch his breath. Ignoring the sweat lining his chest and neck, the golden stallion turned his eyes to look at the emerald green mare.

As she questioned him on his return, Aten ignored his own feeling of surprise when she questioned how he had gotten back into the Taiga. Why would she ask a question like that? Had there been more changes to Taiga the stallion was not aware of? Taking one last breath to get the words out, Aten peered down at the mare, given she was a few feet shorter than him.

"My... apologies... but... I had... to find you..." he breathed out. "Ruan... he requested that I find you. The both of us sensed changes in the Taiga's wind; something happened while I was at the gladiator fight in Nerine. I am not sure what Ruan was doing at the time, but he is working to find Jinju.

"As for... how I got back... I really just walked in. I sensed there was something strange here, something trying to stop me from getting in. I managed though, and ran into Ruan soon after. Circinae, what has happened while we were away? Have you been hurt, or Jinju, or anyone else?"

@[Circinae]

Messages In This Thread
    I Need Information - by Aten - 08-26-2017, 12:44 PM
    RE: I Need Information - by Circinae - 08-28-2017, 10:21 AM
    RE: I Need Information - by Aten - 08-28-2017, 02:18 PM