• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Enough.
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Hate me when I'm gone...

Jah-Lilah had seen kingdoms crumble before, and she had a feeling this was going to happen. From her spot along the outskirts of Taiga, she could see it all. She'd only made a home here just beyond the border to be close to her mate and her consort, Circinae and Canaan, and she'd had a front row seat to the conflict, from humble beginning to tragic ending. A ruler overthrown, he'd been too confident, thought himself invincible. He was a naïve fool. The white wolf had come, bringing in his darkness and his filthy following. Jah-Lilah, once a seer and a sorceress, knew his presence was a bad omen. He was a smooth criminal though, Gryffen. Had taken over fair and square, and Jah-Lilah had to respect that. She didn't particularly like any of it, but she respected his careful planning and on point execution. A fairy arrives, breaking my firefly's chain of thought, and causing her to raise a surprised eyebrow.

The ethereal creature alights upon the land and Jah-Lilah's ears flick forward, eager to hear what she has to say. She speaks only two words and all of my girl's muscles tremble and twitch. The next thing she knows it's big explosions, cracks through thundering mountains. Everything around her shakes and moves like a thing possessed. All she can think about is Circinae, Canaan and the boys. She strains, eyes desperately searching for them. Everything around her is dying, and so is she. Her bond to the Earth-Mother is so strong, she can't help but ache as the trees and grass shrivel and pull away from themselves, overcome by darkness. She bolts forward as a mixture of water and magma from an underwater thing long forgotten floods the land. She cries out for them, her new family. Her voice is shrill, panicked. Then He arrives and suddenly she's lost her voice.

He descends upon the place like a cloud cover. His presence is smothering, not unlike the nightmare that was The Underneath. She'd only heard of him, never seen him with her own eyes, and he is everything the songs say he is. He is a grotesque combination of beautiful and repugnant, and his very appearance makes Jah nauseous. She breaks her trance and now knows she cannot stay here. She scrambles back, away from the barrier and away from Taiga, whinnying frantically. He calls forth his minions, mocking the pack of wolves that resided here for so long. They were exaggerated caricatures of those she loved most, and they infuriated her. However, my mare knows when a battle is lost, and Carnage and his canines stride forth with a confidence she herself does not have, and she gives them a wide berth. She paces anxiously, crying out from the bottom of her soul for her mates and their children. She couldn't leave until she knew...she had to know they were safe.  

...I'll make it worth your while when I'm successful.

Messages In This Thread
    Enough. - by Beqanna Fairy - 08-30-2017, 02:00 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Carnage - 08-30-2017, 02:03 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Officials - 08-30-2017, 02:04 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Loey - 08-30-2017, 02:28 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Gryffen - 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Jah-Lilah - 08-30-2017, 03:13 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Circinae - 08-30-2017, 03:41 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Ouija - 08-30-2017, 03:53 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Karaugh - 08-30-2017, 04:12 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Deimos - 08-30-2017, 05:23 PM
    RE: Enough. - by Aten - 08-30-2017, 05:48 PM