• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On the Edge of Paradise [Diplomats or Any]
    Quiet and still, Djinni watches the winged mare’s face as she reacts to the news of the Taiga’s demise. There is not much there to read, she finds, and wonders how trained this stranger is in diplomacy. She’s certainly not new to the skill set, and it piques the curiosity of the grullo mare. She does so like things that are not what they immediately seem.

Her attention turns to Nayl, who is as blunt as always. She doesn’t smile, but her eyes are bright even if the face of the mare’s pointed questions. She doesn’t answer, not when Karaugh is still speaking, but she does not intend to ignore the questions.

The buckskin mare tells them that she was in the Taiga to welcome a new ruler. Djinni blinks – the only visible reaction to the news. She doesn’t ask the flurry of questions that that statement stirs in her mind. She doesn’t ask why her diplomat had gone to greet a new king before telling her leaders that there even was a new king, or if she had given this new ruler the idea that Sylva approved of the change in leaders. They might – but Djinni wasn’t even aware of it, let alone able to form an opinion on the matter. She doesn’t ask why Karaugh has come to Nerine with the news of Taiga’s destruction before she had told Djinni. She asks nothing at all.

Instead she listens.

When the buckskin mare mentions Stillwater, it all clicks into place.

Of course this was his fault.

The black stallion has been hiding out at sea (probably in this sea) for more than a year now. He’s not been seen in Sylva since the conception of their yearling children. Djinni has not bothered to strip him publically of his title; the residents of the forest had long ago seen that his black pool is empty.

“Sylva has always been quiet.” She finally says. “But it is no less secure than it has ever been.”

Djinni looks at Nayl as she says this, her brown eyes steady as she meets the coppery gaze of the Sea Queen. She had promised Nayl years ago that she would keep the forest safe, and she will not renege on that promise. She is quite sure that Nayl will not take the word of a stranger over a friend, but Djinni is also uncomfortable with letting everything go unaddressed. So she turns her bejeweled head back to the group, taking a step away with her rear legs so that the four of them form a circle.

“He has a black comrade,” she adds, “And at least one of them is a dark magician; they built a wall of thorn and bramble around the Taiga before it was flooded by the gods.” There is a bit of a sour taste in her mouth at the final word; Djinni has never forgiven the deities of Beqanna for the Reckoning. They are still meddling, it seems. “It would seem they were driven out of the Taiga, but if they survived I’d assume they will be looking for a new home.”

Here she turns her gaze solely on Karaugh. “I’d have appreciated you telling me this before you came to tell Nerine, but I suppose I can understand the urgency.” Djinni rarely supposes anything. She is always certain. “I could have reassured you that Sylva is protected, and you’d need not have wasted a trip.” It occurs to her that perhaps the spotted mare might be at a loss with the way the conversation has turned, and while Djinni is slightly agitated, she is not rude.

“Forgive me, Tantalize*” she says, having wished for the knowledge of the pegasus’ name. “I’m Djinni, the ruler of Sylva. This is Karaugh. ”

*ooc: if you don’t want Djinni to be able to know Tantalize’s name just ignore that bit Smile
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: On the Edge of Paradise [Diplomats or Any] - by Djinni - 09-09-2017, 10:09 AM