• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's Quiet Uptown [Any]

Why was life so cruel?  She made herself believe that the fairies rescued her.  Brought her here and bestowed this gift upon her back so that her scars would not be visible to the masses.  That they had given her a second chance at a normal life and what had she to show for it? Nothing.  She had been passed over time and time again.  Turned down and turned away.  Why?  Was there something wrong with her? Was she too compassionate? Too kind for this world?  Possibly so but she had not and would not stop trying. 

Not now. 
    Not ever.

She could feel her wings shift with the breeze so she pulled them taunt against her sides.  Pulling her eyes up to meet his as he leaned forwards.  His confession is met with a sympathetic pause.  What was worse than having no children, no family... Having lost them.  She has known this feeling but not of children.  Not hers nor any adopted, but family lost yes.  She doesn't dwell on her own problems but turns ear and eye to the rusted stallion.  Listening attentively as he answers her question.  

Again there is a distinct hurt in his face as he speaks of his past home, Tephra.  She knows the land and it left a bitter taste in her mouth.  She wouldn't let on her distaste out of respect, so when he finishes she offers her condolences, "I am sorry to hear about your child.  I am sure he knew he was loved dearly.  Children are funny in that way.  They know how to love deeper than anyone and they know when they are loved in return." She smiles hoping her words bring even the slightest comfort to the stallion.  She continues, "I too have not a home.  Seems every time I attempt to be accepted I am turned away." She pauses briefly, "I am not quite sure why.  Is there something wrong with me Rou?" Her golden flecked eyes look up to him, sorrowed.  Pleading.  Tell me there is, so I can understand why I am incapable of being loved...

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

Messages In This Thread
    It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-07-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-09-2017, 12:52 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-09-2017, 03:27 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-11-2017, 11:06 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-13-2017, 09:35 PM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-14-2017, 02:15 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by Diable Rouge - 09-14-2017, 02:15 AM
    RE: It's Quiet Uptown [Any] - by AuroraElis - 09-14-2017, 08:18 PM