• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how you left me in this place [Grimdark]
    THEY SAY IT'S OVER AND I'M FINE AGAIN

And when those wings unfurl, her angry voice going up like a siren, Grimdark continues his silent vigil. Those silver eyes that look into her, boring her intently from the inside out, looking at the woman scrambling to get back to a place of control. A place she probably knew well. But he is not to be cowed. Whether by his blood, or whether by his own tenacity, she stands before him as a spitting cobra, and he does not move. Instead, he stays silent, taking her fire and acid.

Taking all her pain.

And when she asks him to stop staring at her—more like barks at him—he does as she asks, simply looking at the river and the snow falling between the trees. He continues to say nothing, simply watching her from his peripheral view. She is a beautiful thing in her ravenous attempts to regain power… But in and amongst her wild spots….

He sees the cracks.

Her screams and loud rants speak of pain, and of anger. It was something that is not caused by him, of this he is certain—one cannot cause such a reaction within mere seconds of meeting someone. But he is not most men. His time in his solitude has made him very receptive, and very observant. His little Bengal cat would stop her hissing eventually. He is quiet when he speaks again, no less affluent in his tongue, instead taking on a deeper, more brusque click to his voice. His eyes are not on her, as she requested… but something about her sets him on edge. He should leave… he always did before. Return to the safety of his privacy, and of the Delta. But he is not one to retreat. Instead, he was rooted to his spot. As if something was keeping him there.

He could take what she was dishing out, and more.

“I followed the River, same as you. For food.”

A cough, and he settles once again into his silence. A stoic looking at the treeline.

“Winter makes beggars of us all. My name is Grimdark.”

GRIMDARK
    deimos x ea, dragon vision, twilight manipulation, twin to allure

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how you left me in this place [Grimdark] - by Grimdark - 09-07-2017, 08:17 PM