• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how you left me in this place [Grimdark]
    THEY SAY IT'S OVER AND I'M FINE AGAIN

There was a quiet that settled upon her. Almost stifling. They stand there, in companionable awkwardness, and he feels her settling under the weight of her own embarrassment. Her wings get put away, and she pushes a crack into the snow. It breaks the silence. And then, a gruff, almost pouty voice follows it. Didn’t anyone ever teach you manners? Normally such a comment would have been ignored—much like he ignored all that happened around him—but in the way she suddenly almost… gave up in favor of continuing her bad attitude garnered a look of incredulousness from him. Grimdark spun his head to look at her once more, and seeing her ruffled feathers, he rolls his head back and began to laugh.

It was a sound that was foreign to his own ears, and it was quickly muffled. His was a dark laugh. Broody and maniacal. Like he had a secret to share that he was holding. But, after his momentary outburst is smothered like the last flames of a dying fire, he turns his eyes back to her. “’Fraid not. I grew up alone, Princess.” Another guffaw escapes his dark, twisted mouth as he takes his first real step—a pivot, not towards her, but rather to face her, and engage her as one would face an opponent in battle—since having reached this part of the clearing. “This is the first real conversation I’ve ever had.”

The ragged man looks away from her then, and looks backward to where he came from. Well, fuck. The snow has begun falling now in earnest, covering up any last traces of food, and nourishment with it. There goes dinner. And with dinner gone, any real point of staying here in the common areas—the open areas where more conversations like this could likely take place—became pointless.

And so he turns, making a circle with his body in the snow to conserve the energy it would take to clear a new path through the forest. He levels her with a silver gaze, gives a grunt. He blinks, and then speaks once more. “The snow is getting thick, and there is no sense of staying here where there is no food. The forest is far too closed in for me. You can come with me to the coast and we can continue to have this little sparring match, or I can leave you here to freeze to death. Your pick, Princess.”

GRIMDARK
    deimos x ea, dragon vision, twilight manipulation, twin to allure

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how you left me in this place [Grimdark] - by Grimdark - 09-08-2017, 12:14 AM