• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we were made out of lightning; any

The ones who were not there don’t know. They don’t know what He is like, now. He has passed from king to god, god to myth, myth to legend. He is not a thing to be fought, only survived. Or defied, a few times, like when she brought Spyndle back with the lightning, like when she ran.
    They think Him an opponent. They think Him fallible because they do not know what it’s like to have your skin flayed from the bone, to be burned alive, to be left encased in ice.
    (That was only once. He much preferred fire to ice.)
    She would kill a hundred strangers to bring Perse back, but He is not a stranger, He is all too familiar.

She doesn’t like this boy, who questions what he does not understand. She does not like him because it makes her wonder, too – what if Perse waits for rescue? She cannot bear the thought of it.
    (She’d never hoped for rescue, herself, but she has been taken to His lair as a newborn, it was all she’d known and the concept of rescue wouldn’t occur to her until she’d been free for days.)
    “I’m not giving up,” she says.
    (Surely she’s not.)
    “He has all the cards. I have to play His game,” she says. It’s her only option.
    (Isn’t it?)

She says nothing else. Instead she turns, leaves. She does not tell him goodbye.

c o r d i s
    she said it was a mistake to let them burn her at the stake
    and she learned a lesson back there in the flames

yoooo so cordis wasn't taking this anywhere so i vote we close this out and he meets perse now bc she's actually 'free'

Messages In This Thread
    we were made out of lightning; any - by Cordis - 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM
    RE: we were made out of lightning; any - by Gaza - 06-07-2015, 07:51 PM
    RE: we were made out of lightning; any - by Gaza - 06-16-2015, 01:29 PM
    RE: we were made out of lightning; any - by Gaza - 07-02-2015, 08:40 AM
    RE: we were made out of lightning; any - by Gaza - 07-24-2015, 10:00 AM
    RE: we were made out of lightning; any - by Cordis - 07-31-2015, 12:47 PM