• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  From a little spark, might burst a flame - Jinju, Terran
    It feels more than natural to extended one of my golden wings for Ander as he comes in close. My son was shaken, as was I, by what had happened when I hadn’t been around. Did they expect for this to happen? Taiga falling? Or was it as coincidental as anything that ever occurred around here? “Doesn’t matter anymore, does it?” I ponder, looking between the gold-tinged yearling at my side and the wobbly, red-eyed filly at my front. Poor, delicate Jinju is confused as ever - I’m starting to see the reality that she might not ever understand what happened.

With a wayward sigh I pull my son close, two of my four wings settling lightly but firmly over his strong, rounded back. He’d be a large stallion, well made with areas of refinement where it mattered. A looker already, but still unsure about life. To Jinju I only stretch out my neck, extend my nose so that we can exchange old-fashioned hello’s before saying, “We’ll go to the Field. All three of us. Jinju, would you like to come with Ander and I? My name is Terran - I’ll take good care of you.”

It’s the least I can do for the woman who still holds my heart. Like her father before me, (though what I know is from what Jinju’s told me, long ago) I stretch out the other two, empty wings in invitation for her to settle against my other side. Perhaps it’s not the family I was used to, but we’re a family all the same and right now, they both need me. “Let’s get away from here, before it gets too dark.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From a little spark, might burst a flame - Jinju, Terran - by Terran - 09-21-2017, 09:22 AM