• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Hope You Made It Out (Ruan, Jinju, Ander, Polaris, Circinae)

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Aten’s breathless summary explains the burns, then. With a nod to his risen hoof the little mare shudders internally. The water had overtaken her too, but with far less consequences (none at all, really, since she never feared to drown anymore.) All in all, Taiga was gone and her people with her - those that remained were transforming themselves and for the better. The past was never a place to live in, continuation was all that Circinae had to drive her. That, and her family - but they are worlds apart from duty or sacrifice.

“Aten, aten …” She soothes as he struggles to force words from smoke-riddled lungs. It’s hard not to smile, he’s just so determined and eager to play the role of white knight; nevermind the fact that he was the one injured and frantic while she was whole and quite calm. “Your concern for me is touching but I assure you, all is well. My interests lie in you.” The pony-mare relates, settling into a relaxed stance with hopes that he might feel less inclined to be so endearing.

“Can you start from the beginning, please?” Circi asks. It was important now to deflect all conversation away from what was to come of the ragtag, leftover Taigan’s - let the apricot stallion worry less over semantics or what may come to pass, his involvement in Gryffen’s group had been nonexistent thus far and it was her intention to keep it that way. “What did Ruan tell you? Were you working on something with him - perhaps an alliance with other kingdoms, or plans he might have had for the future?”

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Hope You Made It Out (Ruan, Jinju, Ander, Polaris, Circinae) - by Circinae - 09-15-2017, 03:16 PM