• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

”I don’t believe that for a second” He breathes softly into the supple curve of her neck. She was always so composed, even in anger. To think she could even feel such an emotion as fear is almost laughable. Even when her guard is down (in those midnight hours when she is gasping and quivering at his touch) she still has some sense of control. What would it be like if she fully collapsed her wall? A thought of what it would be like to explore her, undiscovered territory, in that state. Petals open, exposed.

Inside he quivers with need for her. To feel her once again. Her promise so inviting but seems so far away (So much further then he realizes).

If only he knew what was in store for them all. That he should not take these precious moments for granted. Instead he is comfortable, thinking that the long dark days are far behind him. That they have forever. Every breath, every embrace, every murmur of affection should be cherished. Held close to their hearts. Instead they are experienced and then forgotten. Fools, all of them.

Although the memory is loathe to be unearthed, he gives it to her. She is right as usual and her words weigh on him heavily. For the thoughts she speaks mirror his own. A thoughtful broodiness falls over him as his lips travel the familiar paths along the slope of her spine. ”Ask me anything, I promise to be honest.” As honest as he can. ”Tell me everything about you, those things I do not know.”

His face darkens when she suggests that “the gift” could be passed down. Something he had never considered. As the suggestion settles, his guilt increases. What if the child did inherit their own bear? He had not asked for this power (gift? curse?) and to think that unknowingly his past could suddenly be their burden…. A shudder runs through his body, suddenly filled with dread. ”Ellyse… What if they do have it?” He should have thought this through before, been more responsible.

Even her sweet breath of a kiss on his forehead can’t dissuade him from the consuming emotion that tries to drag him under. They were innocent, what if he had doomed them before they were even born?

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-20-2017, 12:47 AM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ledger - 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM