• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And if the snow buries me .. [Voltage, Gryffen, Any]

forget all the names we used to know

There are countless differences between himself and the mind reader. Color, size, mannerisms; it’s to be expected, what with them practically being from different eras. Consider the circumstances: Voltage was born into a world that no longer existed for Crevan. If the thought-snatcher had opened his mouth and relayed where he’d come from and what he was searching for, the names would seem like gibberish - Gemstone Ridge, Nexa... Just forgotten blips of time, now.

It’s not like the recognition that dawns on his face when Kharon mentions Ischia, moreso through definiton than by actual title, but Crevan knows it all the same. He’s heard of the island, seen it himself from the murky beaches of Taiga on a clear day - nothing but a speck of brown in the otherwise endless sea of grey. It’s never occurred to him that the water might not be so muddied there, that the weather and atmosphere could induce a feeling of perpetual enjoyment heightened only by the bliss of a feeling he’s never known  - a nice buzz. Despite himself he’d felt a prick of curiosity. He was yet a boy, after all, still restricted to home and family by expectations.

“Perhaps someday.” He had thought while Voltage made his decision. 

But now, with his eyes straining towards the West while he bodily led the bay telepath through the Forest, that day felt very far from this one. “Why do I still get the feeling that I’m uninformed?” Crevan suddenly spoke, breaking the silence that had shrouded them since the two had left the Field. In shock of having his privacy so horribly violated and made a mockery of all in one go, the mute shifter had only nodded his head and turned to acquiesce Voltage’s decision. No farewell, no invitation for the others to follow, just a simple, brutish sort of nod and then he was off.

His dark hooves fell heavily on the brittle leavings of twigs and root, each step driven by youthful resentment until the sound had a sort of repetitive, thrumming beat. “I can’t imagine that my speech might have had anything to do with your revealing decision,” he huffed with a thump, thump, thump. “brilliant as it was.” Thump, thump, thump.” “I mean really, to stand there the whole time and just …” Thump, thump, thump.

He stopped. Grating together as they were, a growl rattled past his teeth. It overpowered him, the very nature of it all - Kharon and Voltage exchanging silent, quick glances - and with the slam of a single hoof he rounds finally on the elder bay, ears pinned and mouth disposed to a frown. “Are there any more secrets you’d like to reveal? You know, before I let you loose among my friends and family?”

revan

@[Voltage] @[Gryffen]

Messages In This Thread
    And if the snow buries me .. [Voltage, Gryffen, Any] - by Crevan - 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM