• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the devil's in the details [ouija]

THERE ONCE WAS A KINDLY FARMER WHO FOUND
    A VIPER FREEZING ON THE GROUND IN THE SNOW.
    PLEASE HELP ME, THE POOR CREATURE SAID,
    FOR I AM TOO COLD TO LIVE.
    THE FARMER TOOK THE VIPER AND PUT IT IN HIS SHIRT,
    AND THE VIPER BEGAN TO WARM ITSELF AND COME ALIVE.

He was too close and every hair on her body stood up in defense. Her anxiety slowly but surely switched to anger. The liver chestnut splattered mare stiffened further as if that was at all possible. Her mind raced, he was too close for her to use her horn to drive him away and to skirt away from him could bring those canines down into her skin. A horse with canines. Big scary ones that looked more predator than prey. Did he even eat grass? It was a thought lingered only moments in her adrenaline pumped mind.

He touches her, just barely, and her skin feels as if it was set on fire. The anger bubbles up, no longer able to be kept contained by what little self control she had. She squeals, nips towards his neck and dances away from him, hoping to evade his bared teeth. But she doesn't leave. Why? Because the darkness in her spoke to the darkness in him and just as she could not contain her anger--she could not contain her darkness either. It was a warning. "I am no one's dear, and I am not afraid to be alone." Bold statements for a creature that fought with her inner demons to someone she suspected embraced his.

Her voice growls, a threat to those who listened but a probable challenge to the appaloosa stallion. "What do you want from me?" Her ears were pinned back, hiding beneath the golden locks. Her neck straighted some what with her head tucked. It both protected the neck and straightened the horn. Should Ouija be stupid enough to come at her head on, he would joined the few horses that had come before him that had been skewered on the boney protuberance. Asp was not some helpless miss that needed rescuing. She was enough muscle to hold her own, and she was like a cobra, ready to strike as soon as she was provoked.

BUT UPON COMING ALIVE,
    IT BIT THE FARMER MOST WRETCHEDLY,
    AND AS THE FARMER DIED, HE ASKED THE VIPER,
    BUT WHY? WHY, WHEN I WAS SO TRUSTING OF YOU?
    BECAUSE I AM A VIPER, THE SNAKE REPLIED.
    AND ONE CANNOT EXPECT KINDNESS FROM EVIL.

@[Ouija]

Messages In This Thread
    the devil's in the details [ouija] - by Asp - 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM
    RE: the devil's in the details [ouija] - by Ouija - 09-14-2017, 05:09 PM
    RE: the devil's in the details [ouija] - by Asp - 09-15-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: the devil's in the details [ouija] - by Ouija - 09-19-2017, 10:53 AM