• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - nayl
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    If nothing else, Rhy can appreciate the girl’s drive. Though that’s probably about it. She wishes someone had been around to teach her. No one ever had. Rhy had fumbled and run amuck and eventually figured it out for herself. And honestly, Nayl was smart enough to eventually figure it out, but Rhy wanted to help her along the way, speed up the process a bit. Most of the peace caste was quiet and useless until someone or something monumental came around. Nayl was everywhere. She gives the girl credit where credit is due. However, Nayl also needed a bit of finesse.

Rhy laughs slightly at the comment that she isn’t the only one. “Don’t worry. You will not be the only one receiving the note.” It was a common problem, and she understands that sometimes Scorch and herself were the last to arrive. But they were also the ones who needed to be at most of those meetings. It wasn’t in bad form to politely bow out, once a horse has been greeting and others have come. Truthfully, she’d rather less of her diplomats be in the Jungle at one time, and more of them be out scouting for whatever information they could find.

Nayl’s next question is pointed, and Rhy doesn’t mind. Pointed is just fine. It’s obvious enough the girl has ambitions, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Eventually, Rhy and Lagertha and Scorch would need replacements. Not necessarily because any of them were likely to die, but because eventually it would be time for the new generation to take over. Eventually, they would need a break. The Jungle would need new ideas and fresh faces.

“The obvious recruiting and stealing. But knowledge is power. Learn what you can in the meadow, in kingdom gatherings. Anywhere you can go without arousing suspicion. The more we know about other kingdoms, the more we can prepare.” Whether that be to defeat or attack was an uncertain answer, but either way.   “I’d like to see you climb those ranks. I do think you deserve better than the bottom rung. Prove you can learn, and I’ll talk to Scorch.”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - nayl - by Rhy - 06-05-2015, 08:19 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Nayl - 06-05-2015, 04:13 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Rhy - 06-18-2015, 09:56 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Nayl - 06-25-2015, 07:37 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Rhy - 06-29-2015, 01:51 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Nayl - 07-20-2015, 02:38 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - nayl - by Rhy - 07-21-2015, 01:59 PM