• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

May I Stay?
    Thankfully, Aten did not have to wait long for anybody to answer his call. A short while after he'd done so, the stallion heard hooves approaching, indicating a resident of the kingdom was coming to see him. He watched around carefully, looking for the new arrival, until he finally spotted him. The horse approaching was another stallion, young, like Aten himself. The golden stallion thought for a moment that the approaching one had a coat color like his, until he got close enough for Aten to pick out that his coat wasn't made of normal fur.

No, this stallion's coat glittered unnaturally in the sunlight, like it was made of gems, or something similar. Aten thought of it this way because of how he'd seen Polaris' coat in the sunlight, giving off its unique glimmer due to its transparency glass-like appearance.

He couldn't quite make out what made up this stallion's coat, but he did not want to intrude on personal space as that would be quite rude considering he just got here. So, instead, Aten held back, letting the other stallion finish his approach. He stopped a couple of yards from Aten, which was fine with the tense golden stallion, and voiced a welcome. Aten watched momentarily as the other stallion's ears went forward, showing his curiosity. Was he wondering why Aten was here?

He didn't see the smile appear, but heard him speak again, introducing himself by the name of Amet before asking if he could offer Aten help. That caught the golden stallion off guard; this one was sure open, introducing himself like that within the first few seconds of knowing Aten. Did he not have any caution about a stranger approaching his kingdom? Or, for whatever reason, did he already trust the golden that arrived?

Aten couldn't have known the reason behind why Amet was so open with his name, or the fact that the gold and bronze stallion faintly detected Circinae's scent among Aten's own. The golden stallion simply thought that Amet was a little too open, but if he didn't return the same hospitality, there was a chance he could be asked to leave.

Taking a small breath, Aten spoke, "Hello Amet, good to meet you. My name is Aten. I've come here from the Taiga, on a suggestion by my friend Circinae. She knows I have been looking for a new home and told me to mention her name when I got here, perhaps in the hopes that you would accept me if even for a short while."

@[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    May I Stay? - by Aten - 09-18-2017, 09:39 PM
    RE: May I Stay? - by Amet - 09-23-2017, 04:05 PM
    RE: May I Stay? - by Aten - 09-25-2017, 11:47 AM