• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Of Earth & Starlight - Celest Birthing [Jah - Any]

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Women, in moments such as these, must draw strength from each other. In their world, giving birth spells vulnerability. Oftentimes the matter was done unaided, alone, and without the protection of a watching father nearby. Any second of duress could result in the death of both dam and foal, even if the mother was practised in the art after years of experience. But Tangerine seems to have a small army at her leisure; one-by-one the women of this growing kingdom trickle in to offer silent, (not so in the case of the dunskin) and watchful support. Tang would lack for nothing in these tense, few minutes and, with the quick turn of her shaggy head, Circinae feels a deep, intense pleasure at that fact.

Together, they could make miracles happen.

Tang names her own miracle Celest, a fitting and proper name for a filly if Circinae had been asked. However, since her own input is best kept to herself, the little wolf only offers a few words of encouragement from the bush she takes cover in. “If you need any help at all,” the shrouded creature speaks, a voice detached from any shape now that she’s hidden quite well from view, “come and find Circinae. Congratulations.” The voice murmurs. It takes nothing more than a sly wriggle to free herself from the tangles of her viewing spot and, turning to gaze at the dunskin with an open, curious face she whispers, “I’m Circinae. It’s me.”

A private sort of joke, perhaps one the other mare won’t understand at first, but Circy barks with bright laughter before her body is leaping away to catch up with her patient Jah. In the darkness she transforms quickly, expanding and shaping herself until the wolf becomes horse. With the press of her newly green lips to the blood bay’s shoulder, the two quietly disappear as quickly as they had come.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Of Earth & Starlight - Celest Birthing [Jah - Any] - by Circinae - 09-20-2017, 04:50 PM
    RE: Of Earth & Starlight - Celest Birthing [Jah - Any] - by Circinae - 09-25-2017, 03:52 PM