• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; scyla

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

She watched Dahmer listen as the call went out, and he left them with a sheepish grin. A mild panic settled over her. She was being left alone with a child to do...something with? No one had ever trusted her with that sort of responsibility before and Scyla wasn't sure that she could handle it. Still, Dahmer was long gone and here she was with the excited colt before her. She didn't remember ever being this excited at any given point in her life. Emotions were meant to be hidden. They only showed weakness. A lesson from their Mother.

His incredulous question returned her attention to him before she was quickly baraged by a novelization of everything he wanted to do or show her. "Ok, ok ok...lets slow down here a second so I can think." She smiles at him and emphasizing thinking about what she would like to do to make a show of it. "I bet you can't beat me to the beach." It was a challenge and plus then she could figure out what was next.

It wasn't exactly like she had played with children before. With the same sly grin that Smoak's father often played on his own lips, she took off running towards the smell of salt with her wings pressed hard against her skin, vaguely hoping that it was the right direction. Worst comes to worst she would just take flight and survey the place to herself. Cheating maybe, but if there was one thing that the invisible monster was--it was a survivor and sometimes you have to cheat to survive.

@[Smoak]

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 09-23-2017, 05:02 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 09-26-2017, 11:35 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 10-01-2017, 04:53 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 10-02-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM