• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; scyla

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

She stretches her limbs out, the muscles expanding and contracting and her own steady four-beat cadence was so reassuring. It calmed the panic at entertaining a child. But very quickly his champagne form leaves her line of sight and he ducks into the brush. She attempts to follow but quickly finds that she's too large for such a pathway and after a few moments she opens her wings to lift her forward and into the air. If Smoak was going to cheat then she didn't feel as bad using her wings to get to the beach a little faster.

Very quickly she saw that Smoak had beaten her to the beach, but she thought perhaps she would surprise him. After all, she was an invisible monster. She soared higher, using a convient cloud above them both to hide in. She wait and then dive bombs him. Her wings tucked tight against her and she did not fear gravity, or the possiblity of death just sparked adrenaline and the feeling of being truly alive. She waits until she's sure that Smoak has noticed her before opening her wings to catch herself on the ocean winds, and as she passes over him, she gently nudges him with a hoof. "Cheater!" A playful accusation since she obviously was also not playing entirely by the rules.

She lands and laughs, before turning around and trotting back towards Smoak. "Well now that we're at the beach, I guess I can teach you about War." She squares herself up, and straightens her head. "My mother, your grandmother, was a general and a Queen. She was descended from Queens, Kings and war heros. That is our legacy, so don't forget it. My mother taught all her children to fight starting at ages younger than you. It is good that your mother taught you how to defend yourself, but we also need to teach you how to fight for worthy causes." She refrained from discussing how his father had been a King. Dahmer's past was his own to tell and Scyla knew that as much as he loved the Subway, there was also bittersweet memories mixed into that love. "War was one of those games that taught us to fight. So we can't play that yet, BUT we can teach you the basics."

Something caught her eye...a dead seagull on the beach. The cause of death was unclear but this was the perfect first lesson. What it feels like to break a bone, or crush a windpipe. "Perfect!" She glances at Smoak excitedly. "Want to know what it feels like to break a bone?" The question hangs in the air with anticipation. The monster remembers the first Subway rat that Mother had made her kill. The crunching noise echoed in her memory. It had been the first of many and while she did not find a living creature for Smoak, she figured that a dead seagull would be close enough.

@[Smoak] *giggles evily*

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 09-23-2017, 05:02 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 09-26-2017, 11:35 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 10-01-2017, 04:53 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 10-02-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Smoak - 10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; scyla - by Scyla - 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM