• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you flee my dream come morning [Jah Lilah]

Ciri

She folds easily into the affection of the older mare, closing her eyes and leaning against the red wytch as she wuffs against her neck. It had been years since she had felt such maternal care. She can still remember her pure white dam but the memory of her face is blurred and blotched. They had been separated when she had been so young. She wonders if she is still alive, if she’s ok. The stars keep the secret location of Soliel hidden from her. She hopes that her mother is happy, wherever she is.

She has only begun to relax into Jah’s care before she has pulled away and invites her to follow.  There are no words, she simply falls in line behind her down the familiar path back to the water’s edge. Her silver eyes scan the still surface of the lake. Unable to keep the shudder that runs down her spine. The fight with the siren had been difficult but the Leshen was the one that still hunted her in her darkest dreams. She feels that it has followed her from the Underneath, that it lurks within the shadowed trees of the forest.

She never feels completely safe.

As if she can read her mind, Jah’s words float through the silence. The smokey mare nods slightly, knowing in her heart that the red woman’s words were true. When the question of Amet arises though, she finds herself looking to her and searching her face. There’s a smirk on her lips and Ciri can’t help the nervous grin that spreads across her own muzzle. Flushing slightly at the feelings that stir when his name is mentioned. ”I have become very fond of him.” She admits slowly, not sure just how much she wants to spill. @[Jah-Lilah] has a knack for coaxing things out into the open though and before she knows it, it all comes tumbling out.

”I don’t know. I’m…. Conflicted. There might be someone else for him. Perhaps there's someone else for me. I care for him. A lot. But…” Pausing for a moment as she recalls the ease in which Tang and Amet had been together. ”Perhaps I belong back on the road.” She sighs softly, chewing on her bottom lip in thought. She says nothing regarding repayment but she makes a mental note that if the time ever arrives, she would do what she could to pay it forward.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you flee my dream come morning [Jah Lilah] - by Ciri - 10-15-2017, 01:08 AM