• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

talk some sense to me - walter
    He makes the first move toward her, and she falls into his embrace with an unconcealed sigh.

“I love you.”

The words have been true the entirety of the time she’d been away from Nerine. They’ve been true for decades.

“I think I always have.”

A golden knight; that had been her first thought when she’d seen him. Djinni had been little more than a child (but she’d thought herself so wise, as most narcissists do), and he had stunned her. He still does, she thinks as she draws back to look at him. The salt spray has stiffened his flaxen mane, but she pushes it away from his eyes so she can better see him. That’s better, her satisfied smile seems to say. The tines of her golden antlers tilt back, catching the sun on their gilded surface. It shatters, some reflected onto the roof of her cave, some to the equally brilliant feathers of her wings.

“I didn’t think you’d stay here,” she says, but the word are hesitant, as though by saying them aloud she might encourage him to leave after all. “Not when I left…like I did.” not when she’d returned like she had, she doesn’t add. He’d been here, she realizes, he’s stayed in Nerine and they’d never said a word to each other in the three years she was gone. Djinni had visited the grey shores countless times, at first alone, but later round with child, then with a colt at her side. She had been living a life without him right in front of him, and yet he was still here.

“I’m sorry.”
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    talk some sense to me - walter - by Djinni - 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM
    RE: talk some sense to me - walter - by Walter - 10-10-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: talk some sense to me - walter - by Djinni - 11-05-2017, 01:36 PM
    RE: talk some sense to me - walter - by Walter - 11-07-2017, 03:49 PM