• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  I will show you fear in a handful of dust: ROUND III
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bellefair|Lora|Sorts+Mills+Goudy' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><style> .dahmercontainer {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/99aaD2y.png'); width: 550px; height: 372px;transition: .3s;transition-timing-function: linear;} .dahmerbackground {background-color: #fff; width: 550px; border: 1px solid black; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;padding-top: 20px;} #dahmermessage {width: 500px; padding: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14pt; font-size: 12px;margin-bottom: 20px; color: #000;} #dahmermessage b {font-weight: bold; color: #775e70;} #dahmerquote {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Lora', serif; text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 11.5px; color: #fff; line-height: 12pt; text-shadow: -1px 1px 10px #000, 1px 1px 5px #000;transition: 2s;background-color: #604c60; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;} #dahmerquote:hover {letter-spacing: 2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000, 0px 0px 10px #fff;} #dahmername {margin-bottom: 5px; font-family: 'Sorts Mills Goudy'; font-size: 30pt; color: #fff; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #000, 1px 1px 1px #000; margin-top: 20px;margin-bottom: 10px;transition: 2s;background-color: #604c60; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;text-transform: uppercase;} #dahmername:hover {letter-spacing: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000, 0px 0px 10px #fff;} </style><div class="dahmerbackground"><div id="dahmerquote">CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT<br>& SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK</div><div id="dahmermessage">They gather, called like canines to the tropical oasis by an abusive master with a whistle. Dahmer is too weary to allow his turquoise eyes to linger on all those who have collected, though not too fatigued to not assess them briefly. He notices their swayed backs, dried <i>and</i> wet blood, the defeat in their eyes. He must look the same, he knows, with Carnage's brand stinging across his dark forehead and the deep gouges and hooked flesh from where the immense raven-monster had grasped his shoulders and lifted him into the air. He aches all over, but still he looks for Ellyse... and, in a way, for Ledger.<br><br>The Dark God had distracted him when Ledger had taken his leave of the cave, effectively abandoning Ellyse over a misconception that the dark deity had placed, fickle and festering, inside of his head. The black thoroughbred hopes that the one-eyed stallion will be able to redeem himself, perhaps come now to Ellyse and protect her in the way that she needed - from heartache, not from monsters (which she could deal with herself). The champagne mare comes upon him suddenly, sidling up to him and tugging gently on his dark plumage. Dahmer is overjoyed to see her, though his suspicions of this place and of Carnage keep him from doting on her and the injuries she has sustained.<br><br>Her brand is gruesome, more so than his, but it's the absence of <i>anything</i> in her hazel eyes that truly causes him concern. The voice of the Dark God reverberates suddenly to this motley congregation and one of them is turned to dust; he would shy away, run across the wasteland, if he had not already accepted the fact that this celestial-man would be the bringer of his death. Dahmer's ears flick instinctively towards the pain-bringer as he speaks, but it's the flaxen chestnut with the X over his heart that sits opposite himself and Ellyse that finally catches the blue-eyed beast's attention. There's pain in Ledger's eyes, the anger that has consumed him blatant even from across the oasis. Dahmer's blue eyes plead to him but it matters not - the polar bear has appeared suddenly, raging and roaring as he takes Carnage up on his offer and plunges into the crystalline waters.<br><br>Ellyse's horrendous scream draws him back to their side of the oasis, his own blue eyes wide in fear as one of her optics is ripped so easily from its socket. The Dark God grins with mirth at the pain he has caused her and then the winged champagne mare is bounding for the blue water, thirsty for the promised paradise after the wounds her face and heart have been forced to endure. Dahmer makes to run after her, to follow her into her paradise and forsake his own, but Carnage is suddenly before him with that twisted smirk and wicked glint in his starry eyes.<br><br><b><i>"You have a different choice, Dahmer, one that doesn't involve you escaping happily across my wasteland."</b></i> The black thoroughbred tenses, watching the Dark God with loathing as the other beast mulls over the choice he desires to present. <b><i>"Give me your immortality, or give me your son."</b></i> Dahmer's breath catches as he looks upon the other beast, incredulous, words unable to find their way from his mouth. <b><i>"Come now, Dahmer, before I take both. Forsake yourself to death in ten years and feel the weight of your age when you had previously thought you would live into Eternity... or give me your son and live forever, though you'll have to explain the death of your son to Ellyse, if she makes it out alive."</b></i> Carnage's lips twist open and let drop a villainous chuckle as Dahmer shakes his head at the immensity of the decision proffered.<br><br><b>"Take my immortality,"</b> the black beast spits sharply at the Dark God, <b>"You will not have my son."</b><br><br>He moves beyond Carnage, his decision now made as he plunges into the crystal clear water. His dark body changes as he moves deeper, no longer the physique of a muscled four-year-old, but instead a vessel that shows his true age. He is not old, perhaps middle-aged, but the change is rapid and Dahmer's joints begin to ache and his spine sways more than it had before. His eyesight isn't as pristine and his sense of smell has dulled. He doesn't care, he can't care, about his own changes (<i>refusing to think about his own sands of time that have been cut exponentially, guaranteeing his death when it had previously been a moot worry</i>) - he can only be joyous that he will have his son on the other side.<br><br>The paradise that awaits him in the oasis leaves Dahmer breathless. He's no longer chased by Carnage's hellhounds snapping at his heels, the sky is bright and blue, and the sun shines down comfortably warm upon the main drag of the Subway, where dilapidated buildings lay just as they always had. It smells the same as he had remembered, the air of Azza surprisingly crisp for an island covered in the ruins of human life, mingling with those scents of those who call the Subway home. Dahmer looks back at his frame, suddenly aware of the weight that he has lost - his wings are gone (<i>had Carnage taken those, too?</i>), his black and white overo coat has returned. He is Dahmer, King of the Subway once more.<br><br>The painted stallion whinnies loudly, exuberant and forceful as he canters down the grassy street, calling his assemblage to him. His nostrils flare with unfettered curiosity at those who will heed his alarm. They come swiftly, following him down the debris-riddled street to the entrance of the subway station. He doesn't enter, instead turns so that his back is to the glass-domed atrium and his friends, his family, gather before him.<br><br>Sid Malone. Autumn Spirit. Shilah. Prada. Pictures. Kitala. Pennywise.<br>Alecto. Corbane. Sasha. Star Child. Azelma. Ambriodhe. Lacrima.<br><br>His heart swells with pride and love as they come to him, expectant and loyal as if he had always been here. As if Azza and the Subway had never fallen into the sea. They are ready for instructions, his misfit bunch, and Dahmer is eager to provide. <b>"Today, we take Kusheth!"</b> he announces without preamble and the congregation before him announces its approval with a smattering of whinnies, half-rears, and pawing hooves. He is joined by two others who reveal themselves from the atrium behind him.... first Desole, and then Executioner.<br><br>Dahmer's breath catches at the sight of his mother, who he'd been forced to murder in the wasteland, and his father, who had disappeared into a blizzard in Dahmer's youth and had never returned. He can't find his words, instead overwhelmed by the appearance of his parents as they each come to a halt beside him. Desole presses her muzzle to his shoulder briefly before turning her hard eyes to the group before them. She addresses the residents of the Subway, formulating plans and handing out orders as Dahmer turns his blue-eyed gaze to Executioner, whose one-eyed, one-eared face looks just the same as it had when he'd disappeared.<br><br>Executioner gives Dahmer a lopsided grin, excited for the battle before them. The overo stallion had forgotten how it felt to prepare before a war, how his heart would beat rapidly and excitement would overtake his restless limbs, and while there is always anxiety, his parents have taught him how to calm his overactive senses just before the tide of war befalls their enemies. <i><b>"Ready, son?"</b></i> Executioner questions him with an excited grin and Dahmer nods to him, ever the loyal soldier for the pair that had created him. When he turns back to face his congregation to see how Desole has split them into platoons, they are not the same group that had come to his call.<br><br>They are all Carnage - every single one of them. All fourteen of them have been replaced with the star-spangled Dark God and his loathsome grin. <b>"No!"</b> Dahmer roars and his parents jerk their heads towards him, <i><b>"What is it, Dahmer?"</b></i> Executioner questions, and as the blue-eyed stallion turns to face Desole and Executioner, he comes face-to-face with two more grinning Carnages. He roars again at the sudden collapse of his paradise, the nonexistence of his parents punching him in the chest, and everything begins to spin.<br><br>When he awakes, the air is musty, dank, stale. It's dark again but Dahmer knows where he is the moment his blue eyes open. His coat has returned to black, the appearance of his Beqannan self, but his wings have not returned to him and his joints are stiff, sore, swollen. Dahmer groans and closes his blue eyes once more, admitting defeat and refusing to raise himself from the hard, dirty floor. Carnage has taken his immortality, his wings, the Subway, his parents.<br><br>There is nothing to do except wallow.</div><center><div id="dahmername">Dahmer</div><div class="dahmercontainer"></div></center></div><font size=1 color=black>image &copy; <a href="http://celestiene.deviantart.com/">celestiene</a></font></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will show you fear in a handful of dust: ROUND III - by Dahmer - 09-30-2017, 10:11 AM