• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let the only sound be the overflow [BIRTHING]; Family, Any

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Her tiny bump couldn’t possibly swell anymore. Affectionately, Circinae has come to call her expanding sides The Great Big Surprise, given their recent appearance over the last few weeks after an entire half-season of being unnoticeable. It also pleases her to feel that Jah-Lilah’s habit of naming things from personal muse has begun to rub off on her; “Great Big Surprise, you’re making me lose sleep!” She would sometimes whisper in the dark, when no position seemed to offer comfort. “Great Big Surprise, quiet down.” She would murmur when the little spark of life would pitter-patter along her distended belly.

But today, her normally adoring name comes out as a startled grunt as she’s beginning a trek through the surrounding mountains. “Great Big Surprise,” She gasps, staggering backwards on brown paws, “I think it’s time.”

Circinae the wolf is heaving with pain. Breath after breath it grows harder to function, much less walk as she stumbles back down the deer path. “Jah …” She thinks, blind with worry now that the moment has come and her red dame is nowhere to be found. A contraction grips her, holds her still; both hinds legs are suddenly warm and water pools beneath her. “Jaaahhhhhh!” She yells now, the tone a pitch higher than before as she waddles, splay-legged, to the cover of a graceful willow in bloom. 

The tree is all she can find in the way of shelter, so she glides between the veil of bright green leaves and collapses on her side with great lungfuls of air. Worry dissipates - Jah would be here, she was never far. Canaan would come, he knew her plans and knew of the life they’d created. All that was left to do now was simply wait; hard for someone whose patience is nigh nonexistent. Blinking quietly, she does what she feels she must by attempting a shift but the will of her body is too powerful for her in this weakened state.

She’ll give birth as a wolf, something she’s not even sure can be done.

Circinae

@[Jah-Lilah] @[Canaan]

Messages In This Thread
    Let the only sound be the overflow [BIRTHING]; Family, Any - by Circinae - 09-25-2017, 07:05 PM
    Aa - by Jah-Lilah - 09-25-2017, 08:29 PM