• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mock]  DIABLE ROUGE
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><style> .longclawcontainer {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/tFlQITy.png'); width: 550px; height: 310px;transition: .3s;transition-timing-function: linear;} .longclawcontainer:hover {background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/QEhJdNL.png');} .longclawbackground {background-color: #0b191e; background-image:url('0b191e'); width: 550px; border: 1px solid black; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;} #longclawmessage {width: 450px; padding: 20px; border-left: #539aa6 2px solid; border-right: #539aa6 2px solid; margin-bottom: 20px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12pt; font-size: 12px;margin-bottom: 20px; color: #3588a5;opacity: .7;} #longclawquote {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 12px; color: #539aa6; line-height: 11pt; text-shadow: -1px 1px 10px #000, 1px 1px 5px #000;transition: 2s;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;} #longclawquote:hover {color: #d4e9f0;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000, 1px 1px 1px #000, 0 0 15px #d6eaf1;} #longclawname {margin-bottom: 5px; font-family: 'Cinzel'; font-size: 30pt; color: #539aa6; text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000, 1px 1px #000; line-height: 15pt; margin-top: 20px;margin-bottom: 10px;transition: 2s;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000;} #longclawname:hover {color: #d4e9f0;background-color: #112830; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; text-shadow: 0 0 5px #000, 1px 1px 1px #000, 0 0 15px #d6eaf1;} </style><div class="longclawbackground"><div class="longclawcontainer"></div><div id="longclawquote">Don't be afraid when the night wolves cry,<br>feast on their bones, suck the marrow dry.</div><div id="longclawmessage">Is it summer already? He’d forgotten how the seasons change, outside of Tephra where the air is always suffocatingly humid and stinking of smoke. Longclaw’s  appreciation and ease in the kingdom grew as steadily as he did, and in the bright, dry day of their mock that growth is noticeable. His breed keeps him lean, always has, but where lankiness had ruled now hard, shaped muscles take their place. Levi’s scars are growing dark along his back, his leg, and soon they’ll disappear too (thank the faeries for that.) The volcanic island has turned the shifter from boy to man, given him a confidence and insight he hadn’t known before - so when Diable enters in a cloud of crimson dust, Longclaw only smirks with quiet anticipation.

His opponent rests. He should use the opportunity to spring on him and, were it not for their <i>gentleman’s agreement</i> on traits, the blue stallion might. But this is a mock, after all, and someday the young man knows that his traits may not be enough to save him. The red stallion lunges and Longclaw hunkers down on his hind legs, not backing but lowering since they’ve got a face-to-face view and he can see the roan coming for him. The urge to shift explodes in a rush of adrenaline and in the moment claw uses to focus on controlling it, it costs him a sharp blow to his right shoulder. His blue neck recoils, the action allowing Diable to jerk free a slice of skin before he backs himself.

He doesn’t run, (fool) only backs and shifts that worried face to keep Longclaw in his line of sight but the quirkiness to it all alerts that predatory side within the wolf shifter. Diable had struck the right shoulder, gained a superficial attack that bleeds slowly, and still tries to angle himself to keep claw in that same starboard position. Makes the blue devil wonder … without a word, claw lunges ahead to the right, favoring his painful side but rushing the other stallion as if making for an escape. He uses that instinct to try and pass by Diable’s left shoulder, only waiting to flick out shimmering hind legs in a coiled buck for when he’s alongside the other Tephran.

For once, his smaller stature might be his greatest asset. He won’t kick high enough for a bodily blow - no, the strike is aimed low and meant for the slender legs that support such a round, stocky quarter horse. If he could hit anywhere from elbow to pastern, he might be on his way to victory and (if his assumption is right, if his <i>intuition</i> and <i>strength</i> are enough) one step closer to unravelling Diable’s supposed weak spots.

His ears flick back, in lieu of eyesight, but he slows from that quick attack back down to a trot and continues away from the other stallion. Diable would have to chase him now, if he wanted another go ‘round, and though Longclaw’s wound is now turning his right fore from blue to red, it will exhaust his opponent's strength.

He only hopes that his own won’t waver first.</div><center><div id="longclawname">Longclaw</div></center></div></center>

ooc: No worries! It's just a mock and we both get something out of it, so don't feel too much pressure lol
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    DIABLE ROUGE - by Longclaw - 09-26-2017, 08:55 PM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Diable Rouge - 10-01-2017, 12:10 AM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Longclaw - 10-03-2017, 11:33 AM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Diable Rouge - 10-06-2017, 10:21 PM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Longclaw - 10-09-2017, 07:31 PM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Diable Rouge - 10-14-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Longclaw - 10-19-2017, 01:47 PM
    RE: DIABLE ROUGE - by Kyra - 11-06-2017, 03:02 PM