• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when you think of love do you think of pain?; kreios

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I can’t read her mind, but it doesn’t take magic to interpret her actions. I’m not entirely sure if it’s me that’s caused her embarrassment or something else entirely. Regardless I look away for a moment, seemingly lost in the horizon, until I decide that perhaps she’s had enough time to compose herself. When I turn back she looks curious instead of shy, and I offer her a friendly smile in encouragement as I nod in response to her question.

“Of course.” I say, knowing even as a start that even a ‘little bit’ about the herd will probably be too much. I cannot help it, I think, I do like talking about things that I like. “Orange Country is located in the canyons north of the Dewdrop Desert. In the largest, a waterfall feeds a small oasis and a grove of citrus trees. There’s plenty of food and water. And Nymeria was the first mare to join me. She is wonderful, and the mother of my son Paxton. Illusen is more elusive – she prefers to be alone and you might not see her often. But they are both very kind.”

I wait for a moment, knowing that deciding a home is a thing that takes some time. “Does that sound like something you’d like?” I finally ask. “If you’re not sure, you’re welcome to just come and see it for yourself. If you don’t like it you’d, of course, be free to leave and find a better suited place.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when you think of love do you think of pain?; kreios - by Kreios - 06-29-2015, 02:50 PM