• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  For a Brighter Future [Planting of seed #2]- [Amet]
    Happiness.

For once in her life she was content with herself.  

The smile never left her lips, nor the brightness in her features dimming.  Thank you my friend, was all she heard.  Whether it was directed to her or not she cared less.  Excitedly her face swivels to the pair again.  "I have something else! Come!" Ivory dipped legs leap into action as auburn eyes scan the area.  Landing on a little bare piece of land with two hills intersecting behind it.  Perfect, it had enough room for such a mighty gift. "Hurry," she chimes, "Or you'll miss it." 

Her muzzle found the sack around her neck and lipped a seed from it's confines.  Her front hoof scrapping a divit into the turf just as she had in the Forest.  Gently she placed the seed in the ground and swept the loose soil back over it.  They had gathered and she directed them to step back, "Ok... Step back.  Don't crowd it...and watch." She joyfully bounded backwards readying herself to see it this time...

It was only a moment before a bright twinkle of light emitted from the small spot.  She lowered her head to view it closer, jigging excitedly with her front hooves.  The top of the ground parted as a tiny tree emerged.  As it grew branches sprouted from the center and green needles bushed around the tips.  The bark was a deep red, almost the color of her own pelt.  It continued to morph before them until it was nearly two feet tall.  Then it settled.  Looking to the faces of the others to see their reactions.  Adding quickly, "It is a redwood in honor of the Taiga.  Look after her will you?  I have much more to do...but I will return someday to check on her." Her eyes lift to meet Amets, "It was a pleasure meeting you both." She waits only a moment to offer a sincere smile and a nod before turning to the borders...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: For a Brighter Future [Planting of seed #2]- [Amet] - by Kolera - 10-10-2017, 08:19 AM