• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see a bad moon rising - Isobell

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    He inclines his head appropriately at her curtsy, unable to keep the amused grin from his face despite their attempts at formality. Why had their parents taught them these things? What use was the intricate dance of the past when they have the future ahead of them – a future that does not seem to reflect long on those that came before? His mother had tried to tell him, to instill in him the knowledge of the Old Beqanna. But what was the point of remembering long dead kings of kingdoms that have been forever lost below the sea? What use was the history of a place that no longer was?

Ivar is far more interested in the world that is, the Beqanna that stretches from Nerine to the Beach, from the Plains to Tephra. He has seen as much of it as he can, and so when Isobell admits that she has seen very little, he cannot help but wonder why. Castile, he decides as she comes up lcoser and her pied remarking remind him of her elder brother – or Nayl or Lior. The world is not as safe for a girl as it is for a boy – more so for a girl that is also a princess.

He will have to take extra care, he decides, do his best to keep her safe.

Safe from everything.

When she presses her side to his he sidesteps, and when her breath warms his shoulder as she whispers he looks away rather than bend down. Isobell is beautiful but she is not fragile, and he is glad that the soft whisper to

(take)

is as easy to ignore as the scent of summer wildflowers.

He leads the way with his gaze forward, and the silence between them only makes that occasional quickening of her heartbeat easier to hear. Ivar hasn’t had any experience with little sisters, but he is quite sure that they are not supposed to respond to him the way that prey does. If he ignores it, he decides, it will go away.

“You’re lucky its close,” he tells her, falling back on the banter that seems to come so easily between them. “I wouldn’t want you to wear out your delicate princess hooves on too long a journey. Castile would never forgive me.” He would also probably never forgive the fact that Ivar is no longer leaning away from Isobell as they walk, and that the piebald stallion has decided that if he doesn’t look at Isobell when she brushes against him, that it is alright to let his mind wander.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 09-30-2017, 10:38 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by kahzie - 10-08-2017, 11:09 AM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-13-2017, 06:22 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-14-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 10:33 PM
    RE: i see a bad moon rising - Isobell - by Ivar - 10-16-2017, 07:02 AM