• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL

From my breast the cold heart taking,
    Give it to Belerma's care

Sometimes, I’m not aware it’s happening. The color shifts are like trading clothes; one shirt slides off, a silken robe glides on. In fact, I myself had been unaware of the exchanges until another rude little foal had commented loudly on the matter.

They’d received a bite in following fashion, but now I think it might have been an unfair sort of exchange. After all, they’d led me to a young sort of revelation. My legs at the time had carried me away to a small reflection pool, bent me low to the earth where my eyes had then unveiled my own likeness in the reflection of the water’s surface. I’d been fascinated with looks, (much like the present) and that same elation had brought yellow to my cheeks and then, my coat.

“So beautiful.” I think, as the young stallion gives me his name. A precious sort of gem, which I tuck on a shelf next to the only other name I’ve been given, Gunsynd. Now the odd collection of letters wouldn’t be so lonely with Ivar stacked beside them. “If that’s what we’ll call it, fine -” I shrug softly, not so eager to return the sting of his comment on my location as compared to the other foals. “at least I get to leave, while they have to stay.”

It’s enough to draw my attention away from him. This one goal had been an illusive star in the sea of endless sky and now that I’ve grasped it, I’m eager to ride the astral coattails to wherever this Tephra or Loess might be. Two blushing legs draw me forward; I whisk past the scaled man with the faintest of touches. “The beach is this way. We can follow the shoreline, right?”

My primrose lips are finished speaking. With the coquettish tip of my doll-like head, I peer back at Ivar and smile.

Rey

@[Ivar] Lesson learned, from now on I'll tag! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL - by Rey - 10-02-2017, 01:07 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL - by Ivar - 10-07-2017, 02:41 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL - by Rey - 10-07-2017, 03:39 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL - by Ivar - 10-11-2017, 06:27 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY, ALL - by Rey - 10-13-2017, 01:23 PM