• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any

Celest

The girl waits, she holds her breath. Then she hears him, tentative steps on stone, and his voice echoing along the chamber's walls. She stops clenching the muscles along her shoulders then, the dam which stops the flow of the summoned magic, and along her spine violet light begins to seep through her pores. The light traces her topline and up the crest of her narrow neck until it reaches her brow, and from there it leaves her body and shines towards the back of the cave. 

"See, we can go exploring now, somewhere you have never been. Maybe there is a whole lake back there." The memory of her dream about the two of them in the water comes to mind and her light flickers low momentarily but quickly stabilizes again, she bites her tongue.

She doesn't push the magic or add to it, she allows the light to be a soft beam without the intensity which she knew could damage the stalagmites hanging from the ceiling. She smiles but is careful not to allow herself to turn her head towards him. From her experimentation, she knew that the light could damage plants and stones so she could see no reason it wouldn't hurt him. The beam is thin and weak, but more than enough to reveal the geography of the cave to their dilated pupils. 

a quote goes here

@[Ivar] I left it intentionally vague as I didn't want to be inventing too much in a land that I don't even have a character in  Tongue
    [Image: celest_by_cowgirlconrad-dcolc1l.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any - by Celest - 10-28-2017, 05:52 PM