• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Carry On | Circinae | Nyxa | Open

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Nyxa’s entire body seems to melt at the touch of Jah’s lips. Where the boys had been rough, callous, and introverted, her daughter is seemingly blossoming from such tender attention. It’s never an inherent emotion for men; love. But Circinae reasons that if Crevan had practised it more and if Corvus had opened his own heart to it, they might not be such strong-willed boys. Time, she hopes, might fix that. “Or worsen it…” The tingling premonition comes to mind, unbidden. Circy only shakes it away with the sideways tilt of a grin as the two elder mares watch their young in her practise.

Nyxa’s white-washed brow is struggling to furrow with concentration. Her eyes are trained on nothing, but she works tirelessly to change a physical feature that otherwise would be blunted and square to sharp and dangerous. It is hard, harder than it would seem, and so patience from understanding settles quietly over Circinae’s shoulders as she shifts to comfortably stand. Her babe’s mouth is opened wide, the dewy wings crossed over back pushing against each other with the strain of her effort.

Her canines succeed in elongating themselves with a brief flourish, expanding quickly before fading once more back to equine standards. “BRAVO!!” The bicolored mother cries, perhaps exaggerating the need for excitement only because this is their baby and, naturally, she feels inclined to seem fascinated by acts that she herself has long mastered. “Soon you’ll have the eyes down, then the nose. After that comes full shifting, but we have time to worry about that later, made-from-love.”

“Speaking of later,” She starts, her green head rising to pin Jah with a blank stare, “there’s something I’d like to address with Spark-and-Flame, Nyxa. Will you be alright playing on your own?” Circy asks, but Nyxa has already begun to turn away from them in favor of adventure elsewhere. A sigh, followed by a chuckle is all Circinae can manage before the little filly is hopping off to elsewhere.

In the silence that follows, Circinae feels her awkwardness grow. Her gaze, which usually seems so bold and determined, is downcast and filled with dark turmoil. “Can I take you outside of Hyaline?” She starts suddenly, glancing sideways at her mate. Near to them the shore of Hyaline’s great lake waits undisturbed for Jah’s response.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    Carry On | Circinae | Nyxa | Open - by Jah-Lilah - 10-03-2017, 03:56 PM
    RE: Carry On | Circinae | Nyxa | Open - by Circinae - 10-04-2017, 02:15 PM
    RE: Carry On | Circinae | Nyxa | Open - by Circinae - 10-09-2017, 04:48 PM