• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

L i g h t || Any
    Spring in Beqanna has come and gone, the once peacefully warm days abandoned for sweltering heat. Solana (like many others) years for the apologetic winds of the autumn, the earth's pat on the back for those who make it through the summer. She has made it through two in beqanna, and two in her unnamed homelands. Despite the lands heat, and flip-flop weather she enjoyed it here. No one ever seemed in a rush to go anywhere, or in any rush to leave the place. She herself had been in no particular hurry to leave the meadow. For two years she had been contempt in the rolling hills of the meadows safe space, she made friends with those who wandered through, and found pleasantries in the silence of the area. Occasionally she would wish for something else, companionship, a change of scenery perhaps? But the mare always came back to the meadow, it was safe there. No matter whom the ruler or the location of the herd, Beqanna's kingdoms (or the ones she had seen) couldn't seem to get it right. Her fear of corruption was ever more unfolded with the fall of the Tiaga and the overtaking of Sylva. (However, she knew not of whom did it. Sol quite liked to stay out of politics.) So it was the meadow she stayed, not bothering to wander away from it.... Though everyone gets tired of being alone. The friends she made stopped coming, and no one she saw seemed interested in talking. So with a wistful 'I'll see you soon..' type of goodbye, she left the meadow. Her heart yearned for greater things, friendship, love, a place to belong. The buckskin mare had been in Beqanna for so long, yet she barely knew the land! Oh, how her journey to the field would change that. (She hoped) She drug out the journey, taking the LONG route. She tramped through the playground of bustling foals, past the den of motherless souls, and by the mountain haunted with those brave enough to test its mighty peaks. The forest she hurried through, Solana had never been one for the forest. She would rather quietly observe the dense trees rather than mope through them like some modern day phantom...and after that came her destination. 

The field.

The land where newcomers to Beqanna could peacefully gather together and wait in hopes of a new home, or even just a friend. The buckskin mare smiled, amber eyes alight with joy as she roamed into the belly high stalks of wild grass. She tossed her head in greeting, thick mane entangled now with grass and flowers. She muttered quick 'hello's' and 'how are you?'s to everyone she passed. When the doe finally reached a spot she liked (under a copse of trees and close to the stream that plit the land) she took a breath. One signifying the sudden change in her life. The small burst of productivity she hoped would play dominoes with her luck. 

And then she waited.

((Written and edited quickly cause tired, i go to bed now <33))

Messages In This Thread
    L i g h t || Any - by Solana - 10-03-2017, 09:22 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Modicum Mortem - 10-06-2017, 10:45 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Solana - 10-07-2017, 08:54 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Modicum Mortem - 10-10-2017, 05:14 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Solana - 10-11-2017, 03:35 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Modicum Mortem - 10-27-2017, 01:34 PM
    RE: L i g h t || Any - by Solana - 11-17-2017, 06:44 PM