• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin. amet - any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

To say that his last conversation with Tangerine did not leave a hollow pit in his stomach would be a lie. He thought on it often, the way his anger had been misinterpreted and the memory of his painted Advisor telling him to rest and turning to leave without so much as a backwards glance. Bitterness had bloomed within him, but only briefly. Tangerine had done too much, meant too much, for him to hold onto that bitterness. But perhaps her place is in Tephra now, with her children, and away from the Dragon King who she had thought too naive to understand her relationship with the Dark God, Carnage.

And perhaps it's better that way, now that he has Ciri to confide in. The smoky black mare had shown him in the simplest of ways that it was okay for him to get angry and to express that anger. That it did not make him a bad person. All she had to do was stand there, a pillar of support, when rage had burned hot in his chest.

Anger is not a natural emotion for the young stallion - it reminds Amet of Him, of the trauma He had bestowed upon himself and the twins. He would much rather feel anxiety or indifference, but at least now he knows how to harness it. He knows that he does not have to become like Shalla's partner whenever he begins to feel that anger.

Today he is lakeside, as he usually is. The gilded stallion is lost in his thoughts as he considers Hyaline's future. He knows what his vision is and he thinks he knows how to get there, but first... First, he wants Iset back in their sanctum. He wants his family back. And he wants them back now, so he pivots his gilded frame away from the lake and makes to head for the Forest, but before he can get more than two strides away from the shore, a celestial filly peels herself away from the vibrant treeline. Her coat is beautiful, almost mystic, but it's the determination on her young face that draws his attention.

It's the same expression he had seen cross Tang's face once or twice before.

"Hello there," he greets the filly with curiosity, allowing his ears to twist towards her attentively - obviously, she is here for a reason.
    Amet

@[Celest]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin. amet - any - by Amet - 10-07-2017, 05:51 PM