• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With eyes like glass; ANY

From my breast the cold heart taking,
    Give it to Belerma's care

Is it true? Can it be? Is this Gunsynd, the same one I stare at now with hushed reverence, is he suspicious of my motives? That smile - it hardly touches the depths of his eyes. He’s very good at the game I’m trying to learn, I study him now with a ravenous stare. “What nightmare can a nightmare dream?” I wonder, and then the slip of his first question is hanging in the air between us, footed only by another, less relevant one.

“Are you afraid?” I ask suddenly, the subtle perk of my head giving me the air of someone highly amused. “No one will come for me, if I scream.” I tell him flatly, the red of my coat beginning to drain as I constructively brush past his final inquiry. It draws my humor with it, leaving me to color myself in strokes of dappled gray. “I’ve tried it before.”

My interest in him wanes. Perhaps I’d been mistaken in my initial evaluation of this creature. He seems, at times, fully awake and at ease. But there are moments in the span of our little tete-a-tete that the infallible Gunsynd becomes riddled with uncertainty. I long for the rush of a fear I cannot conquer; Gunsynd may not be the one to challenge this. “Invincibility comes from having nothing to lose.”

He has more than enough.

I ease forward. My body realigns itself for southbound travel, the interwoven wings hoisted over my slender ribs sparkling softly in the glinting light as I twist around. “Call me disappointed, I suppose.” I tell him at last, switching the mute gray of my skin to the same, rich green of the meadowland around us. “What good are your abilities if you can’t use them as you see fit?”

No good at all.

Rey

@[Gunsynd]

Have at it Wink

Messages In This Thread
    With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-07-2017, 12:16 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-07-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-11-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-19-2017, 07:58 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM