• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are gone; any

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

“Khaleesi? Lexa?” The voice doesn’t register for a moment, then …

She freezes. Brown eyes slide sidewards to rest upon a face that she remembers. Or almost remembers. It reminds her of a young mare she once knew, a young warrior and diplomat, a new initiate to the Jungle ...

But this face is much older than the face she knew.

God what a change eight years can bring.

“Celeana.”

Guilt stabs at her heart as tears begin to trail down the speckled mare’s face. "I-I thought I lost you....” Of course … what else could they have thought? She’s been gone for so long, it’s the only thing that would make sense …

"I've missed you.” Lexa inhales, trying to bite back the guilt that’s freezing her tongue. Celeana deserves to know what happened, deserves to know the truth. But how does she explain this?

“I … something happened to me, during the reckoning. I got swept into the sea during the chaos, and somehow, my power took over. It kept me safe, and asleep …” She fumbles for the words, ashamed. “Someone found me a few weeks ago, woke me up, told me what happened ...”

Her eyes drop to the ground. “Celeana I … I’m so sorry. I wasn’t there when the Jungle needed me. I failed you. I failed the sisters. I …” A solitary tear tracks its way down her dark cheek. There’s no way she can ever make up for what she’s missed.

“Hello.” The sound is a punch to the gut. She knows that voice, she’d know that face anywhere. Of all the horses she’d failed, Jinju is the one that eats at her the most. “Are.. are you okay?” A gentle touch brushes her shoulder and she raises her eyes with painful slowness, dreading the expression she thinks she’ll see on Jinju’s face …

She’s frozen again, for a moment. But this time she’s confused. Celeana has aged - it’s been eight years after all. But Jinju, Jinju is the same. Somehow, the tiny little filly she’d adopted so many years ago hasn’t aged a day. “Jinju? How …?”

lexa

Omg that html is amazing Sapphire!

Messages In This Thread
    the dead are gone; any - by Lexa - 10-10-2017, 10:41 PM
    RE: the dead are gone; any - by Celeana - 10-11-2017, 01:14 AM
    RE: the dead are gone; any - by Jinju - 10-23-2017, 07:52 AM
    RE: the dead are gone; any - by Lexa - 10-23-2017, 11:16 PM