• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

“After the festivities have simmered to a low heat.” She tells him, meaning Gryffen’s party. “If he truly went there just recently, as he says, I’ll want to give her a moment to compose herself. I imagine she must be shaken. He’s very good at doing that, you know.” She compliments offhandedly. Leave it to the white wraith to stir the pot before she can get a chance at adding some flavor. “Ah well,” She thinks with an outwardly expressed shrug, “Better him than me. Maybe this will soften her resilience against change.” Working situations to her advantage would be paramount if she expected the meeting to go well.

And she did expect it go well.

“A sleeping dog is best left undisturbed, Nerine isn’t quite so lost.” She encourages, glancing thoughtfully to her leader. Nayl and Amet went further back than she could account for. If her scaled monarch needed her input or wished for the situation to change, he would tell her as much. “And if you need a ride to Ischia, I’m at your service.” She chuckles, never forgetting the way that some horses still enjoyed slow-travelling to places. Best to at least give him the option, should he need it. He might even enjoy the head rush of time jumping …

A thought occurs to her. They have the time, she’s just never had the opportunity. “Amet,” She says suddenly, tilting her body towards him with sparked interest. “Will you tell me a bit about yourself? I feel like I should know more about you, if I’m to represent your Kingdom in my travels.”

They could walk and talk, if he chose, or they could stay beneath the slim shade of his newly unnamed redwood for all she cared. What seemed important now was allowing for Amet to give her glimpse into himself, and she would happily indulge in return if he asked. How could she advise him if she didn’t even understand him?

Circinae

@[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM