• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got no roots; Terran/Any

Terran

I’m aware that majority of my life has been summarized by failure. Someday, I’m sure that Ander will have nothing but bitter words to describe me and when Jinju retains her memories, it might not be with fondness. The best I can do, I feel I’ve done - but seeing my twin eclipses everything (even the stranger she tries to engage from behind her boulder).

Titanya’s infectious personality sweeps over me in crashing waves; I can’t contain the urge to move forward even when she doesn’t. Her sudden appearance is the only connection to a past I’d almost forgotten occurred - the final silver thread of my history. A history Jinju had never known, a past no one had ever cared to know. It leaves me breathless.

Her hesitation at touching me doesn’t bother me so much as I anticipated it would. We’re not the same, are we? Half-stuck inside of her stone, @[Titanya] is the confidence and know-how that had evaded me all my life (she is, after all, my better half) and her goad on my appearance reminds me of the half I’d taken from her, when I’d left so long ago. “Tiphon always gave more to his sons.” I chuckle, stretching forward with all intentions of picking up where she left off. My nose is ready and willing to brush against hers.

“Dad?” I hear, jerking my bald face around to see Ander and Jinju. It still surprises me to see them, they both seem eager to grow in leaps and bounds. I have nothing but a warm grin to return the greeting, that and, “@[Ander], Jinju, I’m glad to see you here. I’d like for you to meet someone special.” I explain, lifting one side of my wings to drape them lightly over Jinju’s dark back. The molten color of my eyes rises to clash against their likeness in Titanya and without skipping a beat, I jump into introductions.

“Titanya, this is my son Ander and my ward Jinju. Both of you -" I pause, turning to glance at the duo and then back to my sibling, “This is my sister, Titanya. The family’s all together now.” I muse, interested to see how Titanya will handle this turn of events.

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

Messages In This Thread
    I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 10-19-2017, 10:44 AM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 10-22-2017, 06:21 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 11-08-2017, 03:02 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 11-18-2017, 02:57 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 12-04-2017, 02:08 PM