• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  broken when I'm open [Any]

Ledger

The siren call of his ghost father has tried to drown him over and over and the bear saves him every time. He has ripped open his own chest with savage claws, laying his broken blackened soul and blood to lay at her feet. Looking for that which had been taken, finding no easy sweet release. No comfort. Nothing to take away the constant ebb and flow of anger, to drown away his memories (both real and not), nothing to find solace in. Catching them in their embrace, the way they so affectionately touched each other, it’s enough to make him vomit.

He has no purpose. He wants to die.

One day he simply doesn’t let his bear body wash back to shore, letting him float with the current away from the ashlands. Away from her and her deceit. From the daily horror he is subjected to. Eventually he finds his way back to land and drags his shifted hooves with no destination in mind. Or perhaps he does.

Years and years ago, he had met a girl of glass here. She had been fragile in both body and mind, translucent skin and paper thin wings. She had seen past his worthlessness. He had never had the chance to tell her how he felt. Or he did, and they had lived happily together until she fell to her death. The memories are confused and jumbled within his ravaged head. What was real and what was not? He can’t tell anymore.

His gaping wounded chest stings with the chill of cold fingers as it grazes against the exposed skin. The single eye is hollow just as his the rest of his wrecked body is, wasting away quickly. Back to the skeleton he had been when he had met her. This was his life. ”What you always deserved.” Chernobyl's hissing whisper in his ear. The strange swirling ache that lingers beneath the torn skin he had tried so desperately to unearth.

Love was fleeting, it didn’t exist. Not for the likes of him, God did not see fit that he could be deserving of such a thing. He was made to suffer, he was made to be broken.

Who could love a beast after all?

No sleep tonight
    I'll keep driving down these dark highway lines

Messages In This Thread
    broken when I'm open [Any] - by Ledger - 10-17-2017, 11:15 PM
    RE: broken when I'm open [Any] - by Cress - 10-20-2017, 07:25 PM
    RE: broken when I'm open [Any] - by Ledger - 11-03-2017, 12:02 AM