• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Ah.

If only she could read minds. The wiry little wolf in her would weasel up a way to keep him here, though Voltage is already overjoyed at her prospect of coming to Sylva. “The Wraith sure knows how to inspire.” She thinks with a curious glance in the Bay’s direction, though she won’t say whether that inspiration sparks from fear or admiration.

With Gryffen’s crew, it was usually a sick twist of both. “I am indeed familiar with him, Lady.” Volatge says and that phrase alone wipes all other thoughts from her mind. So, Crevan had recruited this one, had he? It doesn’t surprise her - Crevan was a showy sort of thing with the confidence for a matter like that, but it was out of his character to approach strangers. Odd. “Perhaps, yes.” She murmurs, lost to her own confusion. This whole … Sylva ordeal with her son was still new and still so raw. Even talking thinking about it causes her unrest.

But Voltage is clearly finished and Circinae won’t keep him further; there’s work to be done for both of them after all. Instead she pushes free of the shelter too, choosing to amble ahead down the shoreline without peering back to see if he’ll follow. There’s always only been one way to come and go from Ischia, so inevitably he’ll be at the shore too.

Her forehooves part water and, knee-deep, she pauses to allow the gentle waves a moment of peace before summoning her power. A deep inhale and the churning waters surge; they strip away from the beach and move to circle about her body. With an exhale, they grow in speed and soon rip into a vortex that leaves the sandy floor of the ocean showing the red-gold sky of Sylva. Circinae has crafted him a gate, a quick one-way ticket back to his land for all the work he’s done to get here in the first place.

“Step through if you like.” She calls loudly, keeping her portal wide and open should he choose to cross its threshold. “But beware of vertigo afterwards.” She warns, the hint of an amused smile playing at her lips. Why wait to go to Sylva at all?

The festivities and her son couldn’t wait another moment.

Circinae

@[Voltage] Yaaaaay! And now this timeline is caught up <3 Thanks again for your patience

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 12:59 PM
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-08-2017, 04:13 PM
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM