• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door
    I know my way through the night to your door...
    Tickaani decided she liked these two. Still slightly uneasy with Ryan's odd skills, she nevertheless found his persona to be pleasant. And then there was Keeper. She figured that to know the sweet little mare was to love her. Gentleness and confidence radiated from the golden lass, and she seemed to have a temperament to match her pelt. Her earthy normalcy also helped Tick deal with the new strangeness she'd recently been exposed to. Reassured by Keeper's soothing tone and words, she began to feel more at ease. 

This ended up being a short lived relaxation. From seemingly thin air, a grotesque sight appeared. A quickly growing mass of black and bloody red sprouted from the earth, finally resolving into a horse-like form. Glittering eyes, more than there should be, blinked at the little group before the extra were reabsorbed into the now fully formed, yet hairless body. Tick's own skin shivered with a crawling sensation as she watched in mute horror. 

Confusion passed over the newcomer's visage, and suddenly lustrous ebony hair sprouted and flowed across the hairless skin. Her entrance made, the recently repulsive creature now stood before them as a glossy mare, black as a ravens wing. Tickaani had to pause at the introduction offered. So nonchalant after such an obviously designed-to-impress display. She shook her mane out, trying to rid herself of that creeping feeling, disliking being so startled in one afternoon. These horses were not given to subtlety, it would seem.

"Greetings Caw. What can we help you with this day?" She asked, working a bit to keep her timbre even. She would not be cowed by more flashy displays, she decided. The moment of weakness at Ryan's exposé was passed. From now on, she must not react. Likely, gawking would be considered rude here as much as anywhere.  
    tickaani

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door - by Tickaani - 10-23-2017, 04:22 PM