• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are searchlights in the dark; any

Keeper-

The one thing Keeper would never think him is dumb enough to be little more than a mass of hormones and muscle. No, he seems far too cunning for that! From the twinkle that never leaves his teal eyes to the way he is quick to meet her gaze, even when all she does is laugh just a little. She can see that has distracted him for continuing to look her over like a piece of meat which had been a new and fascinating sensation for her, one that could not quite be acquainted with the slow crawl of maggots wriggling in the dirt because his look had had much more finesse than that and was deserving of something more poetic in description.

Each dip and peak of flesh that had garnered his teal attention had done so in a manner that was hot enough to confuse the sudden rush of blood beneath her skin with the warmth of the sun. It hadn’t quite made her weak in the knees or ready to swoon in his masterful presence, but she had to give him credit that it made her look at him in a new light. Yes, he was crafty from the quirk of his lips to the way the breeze blew and played with the forelock on his handsome face. But if she thought to covet that face, another rose up from the deeps of her brain and superimposed itself over this stallion’s and almost wrung a name from her suddenly desperate lips.

Keeper had to swallow back both the name and her desperation to say it. She could not give it life here beneath the red maple tree with him looking at her like that and her thinking it should be someone else that looked at her that way. It is fortunate for her that he growls out a response to an earlier statement of hers' and she welcomes the distraction of his rough voice in her ears. Chem, that is his name - she remembers now, given that he’s only just said it moments ago, asks her what she does here, if she is pupil or master and Keeper can only give a small shake of her own head and a laugh. “To be honest, I don’t know. I’ve been given some rank and responsibility here by the King himself, for which I am eternally grateful but usually I just come and go, and somehow, by virtue of that alone, I seem to bring others back with me. Some stay and some go, but it’s the effort I suppose, that counts.”

She had not meant to ramble like so, but once started she couldn’t just stop until she ducked her head a bit beneath his gaze, (so bright, so beautiful!) and tried to hide the sheepish look that came over her face. It took only a moment for her to recover some sense of decorum and turn her face back to him, eyes black and piercing as she questioned him in turn, “What about you, Chem?” and his name comes out in a bit of a croon. "What do you do here?" Her interest is genuine, evidenced by the way her ears remain attentive to him and the way her eyes never leave his face.

not knowing how deep the woods are and lightless

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    we are searchlights in the dark; any - by keeper - 10-24-2017, 12:24 AM
    RE: we are searchlights in the dark; any - by keeper - 11-22-2017, 07:58 PM