• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He has yet to settle, in the post-Reckoning Beqanna.

It just isn't his Beqanna. But alas, he isn't dying anytime soon, so he knows he will have to find a home. He'd tried Nerine first, thinking to ally himself with what was left of the Amazons in part due to a lack of a Tundra; he'd always respected the warrior women after all, and given his number of daughters, a female-led dynasty didn't seem like a terrible place. But It just wasn't his place. The sand just made him miss his own icy beaches and melancholy doesn't lead to anything good. Then he'd tried Hyaline, thought to help set up a place for the young to flourish. Dynasty and all, you see a pattern; but that hadn't been Brennen either, and the stallion had wandered off, isolated, visited by his children and grandchildren but doing a whole lot of nothing.

Until today. Today he felt called to the air, to soaring, and his aimless flight took him to a place surrounded by water but green and warm and welcoming. Someplace unlike any he had ever loved before. It was not his frigid Tundra, not Morphine's dry Deserts, not Neraza's temperate Falls. And totally different feels beyond healthy, beyond new and exciting, so the bay lands amongst the trees, folding his wings tightly to his sides, and starts to explore beneath the towering trees and dense foliage, one ear listening for any other signs of life while the other tracks the movement of brightly colored birds overhead.

It is not long before he hears the first mare call and starts in that direction, the voice of the second mare joining the first before he reaches them. He makes plenty of noise, no sign of an attempt at stealth as he comes up to them, honey-brown eyes lifted in curiosity. "It seems like a nice enough place to make a home," the man answers their words, tilting his head as he rakes a evaluating glance across both mares. "Brennen," he offers, and then turns to the one who had spoken first. "There don't seem to be any natives, and you seem to have been the first to arrive. Does that make you Queen?" A crooked smile, there, a laugh in his eyes, but the question is serious enough.

Brennen has had enough of wandering around this new Beqanna and being nothing. He wants a home, a Kingdom, and he wants to be someone once more who matters. A General once more, as for most of his life, or even perhaps a new position for the new world. Perhaps a King.

Only time will tell.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Brennen also here to stay and maybe get a piece of the action, because I've discovered he's played best that way lol.

Messages In This Thread
    Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Circinae - 10-28-2017, 10:27 AM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Krone - 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Brennen - 10-28-2017, 04:00 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Kylin - 10-28-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Canaan - 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Circinae - 11-01-2017, 02:30 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Krone - 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Kylin - 11-04-2017, 01:01 PM