• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - castile
    Despite her rejection, he still wants to pull her into his embrace, to hug her to his side with a wing that would hide them from the world. They would be close, their bodies warm, their curiosity heated. He would be able to search her eyes in a more intimate way and press against the gentle curves of her body. It would be so perfect on this cold, blistering day. The desire churns within him, urging him to insist, but he holds steadfast. His hooves remain rooted, his mind spiraling in an endless battle of could and should. His face, however, remains placid enough to mask the lust that boils through his veins. She said no, he quietly reminds himself, and so his wings idly shudder against his sides in attempt to ward off the wind that’s nipping at him.

He would never force her.

Their conversation poses as distraction, however, and he listens as she mentions Tephra and the family that once tethered her to its borders. With their departure, Solace abandoned all she knew in search for something greater, something more enrapturing. She found Hyaline, then him. A crooked grin tips the corner of his mouth. ”I’m happy you didn’t disappear with them,” because she is that sweetened honey that he never thought he needed. Their eyes meet for a heartbeat, his gaze softening the longer they stand here in each other’s company. Even the silence that slips between them is comfortable, never prickling the back of his neck. The quiet – and even the soft tune of her voice – is a lullaby to him, a balm for the heart he had shattered just recently. A languid posture eases across him and as he turns his head to again look at her – drawn by her youthful grace and beauty – she is inching closer with her lips hovering above his skin. Do it, he almost says aloud, but catches himself as her body heat tempts him closer just as she draws away.

A stumbling step is taken in her direction, but he’s fortunate that she had not yet turned to look back over her shoulder at him. The thrumming of his heart is suddenly in his throat as he follows although his gait isn’t as fluid or graceful as hers. He takes note of it, smiling more to himself, but the expression broadens when she suggests a tour of Loess. ”I suppose I can do that,” his voice seems level, still friendly, but not overly eager despite the brightening of his eyes in response to the idea. The hinting in her voice lures him closer as she dips her hooves into the frigid water. For a fleeting moment, he considers Ciri and how she, too, was anchored to the hillsides. Resignation slips into his mind, but then he is next to Solace with his eyes cast down at his reflection. ”I don’t need to recruit you if you willingly decided to stay with me.” A hinting smile, a playful tone, but a hopeful heart.

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Solace - 10-30-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Castile - 11-21-2017, 03:45 PM