• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in a holding pattern // to find myself

STARLIN
    grit and grace.

As Elindor looks past Starlin to Kahvi crouched in the grass, the grullo filly takes a moment to look over the perlino mare. She is not much older than Starlin, and they are rather similar in height and build. Only in color – pale cream against splashed deep dun – are they strikingly unmatched. Kahvi is like them too in her foalhood, though her brilliantly colored coat is as different from Elindor’s as the perlino’s is from Starlin. They’re an eye-catching trio, the three of them, but Starlin is unaware of it.

The young filly is thinking only of her goals: recruit and befriend and learn to fight.

Those were the driving forces behind a true amazon, or so her mother had told her. Loyalty to the kingdom comes first, and secondly to the queen. She is fortunate, Starlin knows, to have both a strong queen and a strong kingdom. The realm of the Amazons had not always been so lucky. The love of her kingdom emboldens her, and when Elindor looks back to meet her gaze, Starlin complies rather than look away. Despite her displayed confidence, Starlin still occasionally shows her youth as well.

“She will be coming, yes.” The tobiano replies, “Kahvi lives in Nerine too.”

As Kahvi comes up to introduce herself, Starlin continues the movement, leading the other two toward Nerine. As they travel, it occurs to the girl that perhaps she might have given Elindor the wrong impression about their realm. What if she thinks the place is populated only by children? What if she’s worried about Starlin and Kavi being out alone and is following out of pit?

“There are grownups there too,” Starlin adds, “Queen Nayl and my mother. Princess Isobell and her father, Guardian Lior.” The words fall easily from her mouth, titles and names that probably mean very little to Elindor.

ooc: i debated posting this here or in Nerine, since Starlin is starting to head there at the end of the post. Maybe whoever replies to this first can post in Nerine? Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in a holding pattern // to find myself - by Starlin - 11-04-2017, 07:41 AM